Topic: Car misfiring bad

After filling up , I took the car in lift in gear 1 and stopped in the robot, from the I joined the freeway and again took it in lift with number 3 and when I change to 4 I noticed the exhaust tone has changed and drove normal around 120. And when I put foot on acc it bog down and very little power was available. I continued for plus 10km and off ramped. On the robot engine wanted to die and revved it. Managed to drive for few meters and it dies. Tried to astart again, nothing. Pulled out. Tried again, it starts and die. Don't know what's the problem. Some guy came out from one of the houses and told me one of the spark plug is not working he could here while was trying to start. He came with diagnostic machine but it didn't pick up any errors. He suspect coil packs are gone. I managed to start it and drive to home like that. Maybe another 8km.

63mm stainless(Power Flow)
Injen CAI
Viper Branch
Short Shifter

Re: Car misfiring bad

My car did the exact same but it ended up being a loose maf

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff366/rajiv_/Sig1.jpg
~half loaf white bread is better than 1 loaf brown bread~

-03' RunX RSi (ex)
-07' RunX TRD - Supercharged (ex)
-02' MKIII MR2 - 2zzge
-14' BMW F20 116i - Daily drive

thats also another symtom of bent valves

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

2zz-Spook wrote:

thats also another symtom of bent valves

I hope its not bent valves.

Injen CAI
Viper Branch
Short Shifter

rajiv wrote:

My car did the exact same but it ended up being a loose maf

I checked it was tight.

Injen CAI
Viper Branch
Short Shifter

check your plugs and coilpacks

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
PPE ceramic coated race header
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

Checked everything yesterday and found out the problem it knocked a Valve. Knocked one intake Valve.

Injen CAI
Viper Branch
Short Shifter

so you got a bent valve? eish. put in SS valves on time from MWR

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

I had the whole engine overhaul, new bearing, new rings, new oil pump, water pump, and head work and polished crank. Everything was checked and some replaced. The car is fine and must do 1000km oil change this coming Saterday and re-torque. But the problem its over fuelling. It smells fumes and give some whitish smoke. cleaned MAF sensor and Oxygen sensor no change. What can cause it to overfuel. The smoke is not always there comes when I put gas and cuts off. Especial more after highway driving.

Injen CAI
Viper Branch
Short Shifter

Overfuelling, maybe it's a timing issue, not too sure.
The white smoke you saying it's coming and going? I'm thinking valve stem seals or Head Gasket... Hope I'm wrong on both as you just had an overhaul and there shouldn't be any issues like these.

1995, 20v, Dictator, SRI, 50mm exhaust
95wkw 145nm @ JVS Tuning Cape Town on 24-10-13
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo4/morollaTRD/DSC_0576-1.jpg

did you get the cylinders honed?

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

WGMR2 wrote:

did you get the cylinders honed?

Not sure. Will ask the mech.

Injen CAI
Viper Branch
Short Shifter

hopefully not...MMC bore must not be honed

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

WGMR2 wrote:

Mind elaborating?

1995, 20v, Dictator, SRI, 50mm exhaust
95wkw 145nm @ JVS Tuning Cape Town on 24-10-13
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo4/morollaTRD/DSC_0576-1.jpg

morolla wrote:
WGMR2 wrote:

Mind elaborating?

I took the car back the problem is valve stem seals. They say sometimes it happens when they put them back one or more breaks the rubber or rubber shifts. The will try to change them without removing the head. And the problem that cause the valves to be burnt in the first place, was the key way. apparently the hole on the crank got bigger and chain found play.

Injen CAI
Viper Branch
Short Shifter

Vikzela wrote:
morolla wrote:
WGMR2 wrote:

Mind elaborating?

I took the car back the problem is valve stem seals. They say sometimes it happens when they put them back one or more breaks the rubber or rubber shifts. The will try to change them without removing the head. And the problem that cause the valves to be burnt in the first place, was the key way. apparently the hole on the crank got bigger and chain found play.

The car is fixed and the problem was timming. it was out by 2 teeths and caused all the smoking thing.

Injen CAI
Viper Branch
Short Shifter

morolla wrote:
WGMR2 wrote:

Mind elaborating?

The 2ZZ has a special low friction coating on the cylinder walls, if the coating is damaged, you cannot hone the bore to clean it, if you do, you will have to get the bore nikasil coated ( you cant get MMC done locally, nikasil is next best thing)

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

Vikzela wrote:
Vikzela wrote:
morolla wrote:

Mind elaborating?

The car is fixed and the problem was timming. it was out by 2 teeths and caused all the smoking thing.

good to hear bru, as long as your car is sorted

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
Apexi PFC
Custom intake