Topic: what can i do/check to make my induction loud

hello Chaps

As you guys all know, i drive 07 TRD RunX with Motocade Induction and Simota cone filter, somehow my car is much much softer than any other RunX i have driven with the exact same setup. What can i check or do to atleast try and make it louder. There must be a reason why mine is softer/quieter? i have swapped mine with other cars and vice versa. Same results, my car is just quiet, very quiet. 03/05 RunX's - super loud

Some technical advices will be appreciated or somone that has this similiar issue.

Re: what can i do/check to make my induction loud

is it just the induction on those other cars or do they have some sort of exhuast mods?

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
PPE ceramic coated race header
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

try and tested both, a 2005 just decat with no exhaust and other okes all have exhaust.
you hear it once the car starts to climb from 5000rpm already in most X's.
i dont know hey, i just want some inputs. I have done all the usual checks before, clean map sensor, and air temp sensor, etc. Its not that .... reconnected the thing over 100 times. tried a K"n filter as well. no difference.
im sure though, it must be something ....

change your induction. the shape of it also contributes to the sound

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

any other technical advices chaps .... I understand what you mean Lee but if its loud in 100 other X's why not in mine ...

so chaps after going from pillar to post i finally got some technical advices from MR. Dave Repsold.
he reckons the induction/motor/engine sound generates from oil pressure. his advice was as follows:
Check my oil pickup if its not dirty, clean all oil units thats affliated to oil pressure on the motor.oil control valve, oil control switch, etc
check my oil pressure. Anyone know what the optimum of a 2zzge should be????
and here is my question: did anyone ever do this before?

soldout wrote:

so chaps after going from pillar to post i finally got some technical advices from MR. Dave Repsold.
he reckons the induction/motor/engine sound generates from oil pressure. his advice was as follows:
Check my oil pickup if its not dirty, clean all oil units thats affliated to oil pressure on the motor.oil control valve, oil control switch, etc
check my oil pressure. Anyone know what the optimum of a 2zzge should be????
and here is my question: did anyone ever do this before?

Hi, regarding your issue you are facing at hand. Dave is correct in saying the above. What is the current mileage on your motor? Yours is an 07 TRD so it should be relatively low mileage, so my assumption is that if you were servicing it on regular oil change intervals, its very unlikely (but not saying it isnt possible) that the oil pickup in the sump, OCV sieve is clogged, but there is no harm in checking the OCV sieve and lift filter and changing it while you at it. To check the oil pickup the sump cover needs to be dropped and inspected for any cloggage and cleaned.

WGMR2 , why dont you help the guy out since you the 2ZZ guru (i'll give you a cheeseburger for it...)

88 Toyota Avante
06' RunX RSI

yes, serviced at Toyota on the prescribed periods. im on 165 kilos now. i have checked and cleaned all other oil control units and vvt. Just the oil pickup i must still do but im abit sceptical about doing it ... i want to measure my oil presssure 1st.
Auto Digest says oil pressure should be at 0.4bar on 800rpm(idle), im not sure at rev what is must be. Anyone know?

soldout wrote:

yes, serviced at Toyota on the prescribed periods. im on 165 kilos now. i have checked and cleaned all other oil control units and vvt. Just the oil pickup i must still do but im abit sceptical about doing it ... i want to measure my oil presssure 1st.
Auto Digest says oil pressure should be at 0.4bar on 800rpm(idle), im not sure at rev what is must be. Anyone know?

I have a similar setup to you, Motorcade CAI and Viper exhaust.
Have you ran against other X's with the same setup? whats the out come?
also what oil are you and the other X drivers using?
I was using oil from toyota for a while but read up on fully synthetic and made the change.
car feels much better after using fully synthetic and after the CAI the car screams into lift.
Hope this helps ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool

06 X RSi
96 Conquest 160i Rs

http://carbontek.wordpress.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carbontek-Automotive-Blog/637881909577987

soldout wrote:

I have a similar setup to you, Motorcade CAI and Viper exhaust.
Have you ran against other X's with the same setup? whats the out come?
also what oil are you and the other X drivers using?
I was using oil from toyota for a while but read up on fully synthetic and made the change.
car feels much better after using fully synthetic and after the CAI the car screams into lift.
Hope this helps ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool

06 X RSi
96 Conquest 160i Rs

http://carbontek.wordpress.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carbontek-Automotive-Blog/637881909577987

oh well, its not the performance. Car runs perfectly fine. KWS and NM is right. Its the engine note of change that i dont hear.
from 5000rpm in all X's you hear that change over into lift as it hits 6200rpms.Mine is there but its not as loud and hard as other X's which tells me there is a problem. Unless Toyota says they put sound deadening in the 07 model which i doubt highly. from 03 to 07 from what i was told the 2zz-ge is the same build.

soldout wrote:

oh well, its not the performance. Car runs perfectly fine. KWS and NM is right. Its the engine note of change that i dont hear.
from 5000rpm in all X's you hear that change over into lift as it hits 6200rpms.Mine is there but its not as loud and hard as other X's which tells me there is a problem. Unless Toyota says they put sound deadening in the 07 model which i doubt highly. from 03 to 07 from what i was told the 2zz-ge is the same build.

What exhaust system do you have on the car, this can attribute to the soft change over you are experiencing? I would suggest you trying a fully synthetic oil a mentioned by the other poster, as well as checking ur lift bolts.

88 Toyota Avante
06' RunX RSI

open your window when you driving. it will make the induction sound louder

Its not your top speed that counts but how quick u get to it...
05 - XRSi - 118WKW (Reef) - 15.7 @ Tarlton - 3.12.2010

01 - MR2 Turbo - 253KW ATF (Reef) - 14.4 @ Tarlton - 18.11.2011 - new time TBC

06 - Tuna 4x4
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/Diesel111/sig2_zpsm60s5g3e.jpg

LMFU, hahahahaa diesel.
oh well chaps after browsing through all Celica and 2zz-ge websites,i will just repeat the processes i did before and use fully synthetic oil and see from there ...

because on NO site or Forum does anyone speak about cleaning the pickup or the oil pump makin sh#t. I really dont want to drop my sump unneccassary.