Topic: Which RSi/RXi Corollas came with 20v Blacktop Engines?

Hi there guys and girls, which RSi/RXi Corollas came with 20v Blacktop Engines and what are the signs or engine codes to spot a true Blacktop. I've run into so many that I'm sure have just been painted black on the top. Please fill me in thank you.

"It's a bird, it's a plane.... no it's SuperRob da da da daaaa"

Mazda RX7 Series 6 Type R Version 1 tuned by Rotrix

Re: Which RSi/RXi Corollas came with 20v Blacktop Engines?

Blacktop is a car/motor bought S.A, Silvertop is a motor imported from Japan. You cannot buy a Silvertop in a RSI or RXI if its from here unless the guy changed the motor.

Blacktop is a car/motor bought S.A, Silvertop is a motor imported from Japan. You cannot buy a Silvertop in a RSI or RXI if its from here unless the guy changed the motor.

all came with blacktops, thats when toyota SA was still trying to build quick cars, Hell i even read somewhere that our SA 4age 16V engines where one of the most powerful outside japan, but Im not sure about that

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
PPE ceramic coated race header
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

all came with blacktops, thats when toyota SA was still trying to build quick cars, Hell i even read somewhere that our SA 4age 16V engines where one of the most powerful outside japan, but Im not sure about that

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
PPE ceramic coated race header
Apexi PFC
Custom intake