Topic: Stock exhaust and header spec's

What are the stock exhaust and header spec's on the RSi/RXi corolla's please.

In terms of:
Header-
-primary lenth and diameter
-secondary lenth and diameter
Exhaust-
-diameter
-number of boxes

By the way, which engine did we get in the RSi and which engine did we get in the RXi respectively?

http://www.dnrides.co.za
For all your Kit car, Customisation/Restoration and Tuning needs
Lotus Challenge Class B in the build

Re: Stock exhaust and header spec's

Not sure about the lengths of the pipes on the branch,but i did measure the diameter of it.

34mm splits into 41mm
Not sure about the std down pipe,but i've got the Brospeed down pipe.
41mm into 50mm knuckle

All S.A RSI/RXI's came with the black top 20v engine.

20V RXI
293° 9.5mm Lift Estas Billet Cams,Toda Valve Springs
VDL Head Job,Dicktator Management
140kw & 181nm
&
05' 2.0i CiTi Golf
276 Estas Billet Cam
97kw & 175nm.

just curious why are you interested in the stock specs?

My website

Articles, Parts for sale, services, projects, pics...

Thank you.

I just want to clarify:
The 34mm is the primaries(the 4 coming from the head) diameter, and the 41mm is the secondaries(the 2 pipes that lead to the downpipe) diameter?
What is your final exhaust diameter?

From what i read from international sources is that the primaries are 305-355mm long and secondaries 530-710mm long on the FWD AE101.

Im part of DN Rides and we do vehicle customization and custom car builing such as Cobra's ect. We are currently developing the Lotus 7 platform to accept the 4AGE. I need the stock exhaust spec's to calculate the exhaust flow rate and its flow characteristics so that we know where and how to improve in keeping with the modifications and rev range.

the final diameter is not round thoughout as it is squashed oval at the crossmember( +- 20cm in length squashed) then goes back to std size think 54mm.

7AGE 6SPD: 2B1 Built & Mapped by Autotrix   "Best 1/4mile time 14.2sec @ Mtuba (MSA EVENT) "
Don't INJURE what you can't KILL!!!                           
Update : 5 May 2013 14.2@161kmph (achieved time with car having a miss fire issue)
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu42/20plenty/7age_2_zps44a6e6ab.jpg
What did the 1 V-tec supporter say to the other V-tec supporter?
NB:Remember!!!
If the 20vs 1st off the line we'll say he JUMPED THE V-TEC!
but if the VTEC's 1st off the line we'll say he OUT LAUNCHED THE 20V!
sweeeeeet!!! we cant lose this way.......(^_^)

Thank you. It is like the E30/6's, they are squashed where the exhaust passes the rear craddle(you know, for the RWD bits). As an engineer by education and trade, it makes me cringe, like squash bends in an exhaust.

KIL390 wrote:

Thank you.

Im part of DN Rides and we do vehicle customization and custom car builing such as Cobra's ect. We are currently developing the Lotus 7 platform to accept the 4AGE. I need the stock exhaust spec's to calculate the exhaust flow rate and its flow characteristics so that we know where and how to improve in keeping with the modifications and rev range.

Now thats fair enough and clever thinking however you may find that the original exhaust system is too compramised to use as a basis for your calculations. To give you a head start you may find theses specs will get you going as a starting point depending on where you want your power to be.

primary diameter: 38mm, length: 900mm
secondary diameter: 44mm
main pipe: 63mm

My website

Articles, Parts for sale, services, projects, pics...

KIL390 wrote:

Thank you. It is like the E30/6's, they are squashed where the exhaust passes the rear craddle(you know, for the RWD bits). As an engineer by education and trade, it makes me cringe, like squash bends in an exhaust.

Sam_Q wrote:
KIL390 wrote:

Thank you.

Now thats fair enough and clever thinking however you may find that the original exhaust system is too compramised to use as a basis for your calculations. To give you a head start you may find theses specs will get you going as a starting point depending on where you want your power to be.

i apologize for bringing-up this thread but what do you mean by
44mm secondary diameter? is it the inner diameter of the downpipe that passes over the cross-member?

if someone can help me get the exact specs and details of the stock (OEM) 4age 20v secondary header..
like the ID and length of the 2 section till collector (Y-part) and inner
diameter of the pipe that connects to the exhaust that passes over the cross member..

KIL390 wrote:

Sam_Q wrote:
KIL390 wrote:

Thank you.

i apologize for bringing-up this thread but what do you mean by
44mm secondary diameter? is it the inner diameter of the downpipe that passes over the cross-member?

if someone can help me get the exact specs and details of the stock (OEM) 4age 20v secondary header..
like the ID and length of the 2 section till collector (Y-part) and inner
diameter of the pipe that connects to the exhaust that passes over the cross member..