Topic: Biggest sub in boot of Yaris Hatch

What's the biggest sub can you put in the boot of a Yaris hatch?

I'm thinking 12in?Although 10in might be a better?

I only wanna put one sub.

Re: Biggest sub in boot of Yaris Hatch

sashyboy wrote:

What's the biggest sub can you put in the boot of a Yaris hatch?

I'm thinking 12in?Although 10in might be a better?

I only wanna put one sub.

Hey man, had a friend put 1x 12 inch in a Audi A3, it was really banging, it depends on what you want, if you just want a bit more oomph put 10 inch, if you really wanna be heard a nice 12 should do.

1995, 20v, Dictator, SRI, 50mm exhaust
95wkw 145nm @ JVS Tuning Cape Town on 24-10-13
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo4/morollaTRD/DSC_0576-1.jpg

Thanks bud, the yaris boot is very small so I just wanted to know from the forum if anybody has put a sub in their Yaris boot.

sashyboy wrote:

Thanks bud, the yaris boot is very small so I just wanted to know from the forum if anybody has put a sub in their Yaris boot.

Cool,but if you worrying about boot space why not opt for 2x 10inch limpids, with modified backboard?

It all depends on what amp do you have. How much power are you going to have available to the sub. Different subs react in different enclosures ie a pioneer 12 likes a slightly large box whereas a hertz 12 likes a small tight box. personally i would go with a low powered (200rms or so) single 12. It will sound nice with the stock speakers and it can be toned down. I rather have too much and tone it down then have too little and realize you want to upgrade.

I would advise against the limpids on the back board, the yaris back board is very flimsy and will sag very quick. A single 12 and the stock speakers should be more than fine. Do you have an amp for the sub already?

Last edited by Jarryd V (2013-11-21 11:17:11)

Jarryd V wrote:

I would advise against the limpids on the back board, the yaris back board is very flimsy and will sag very quick.

This is why I said modified backboard. I would never cut my original board...

Last edited by morolla (2013-11-21 12:18:20)

Jarryd V wrote:

It all depends on what amp do you have. How much power are you going to have available to the sub. Different subs react in different enclosures ie a pioneer 12 likes a slightly large box whereas a hertz 12 likes a small tight box. personally i would go with a low powered (200rms or so) single 12. It will sound nice with the stock speakers and it can be toned down. I rather have too much and tone it down then have too little and realize you want to upgrade.

I would advise against the limpids on the back board, the yaris back board is very flimsy and will sag very quick. A single 12 and the stock speakers should be more than fine. Do you have an amp for the sub already?

I don't have an amp yet for the small sub choice.
I actually have a setup that I had in my Tazz - RF T2 15inch and RF T1500BD - I was considering put that in the Yaris (by removing the seats) but wasn't sure of the flexing and car integrity. I want the car to last me as well.

Yoh, you got a mad setup there, have payntwagon strip your car and do full T-mat/ dynamat installation. If I had the $$$ I sure would.

@morolla: sorry bru, thought you meant modify the original backboard.

@sashyboY: that's a wicked set-up! That will pound! If you want to install and i wish you would coz it will pound like crazy, you're gonna need to upgrade the earth-cables and battery to alternator cables (Big 3 upgrade) to 4gauge OFC (remember just add don't replace the cables) as well as get a higher amperage deep cycle battery. Also the box to house the woofer will most likely fill up your boot; but in the event you need your boot, just drop the rear seats and flip the carpet covers and slide the box forward and voila, boot again!
+1 to morolla, you're definitely going to sound deaden the doors and hatch and seal up the access holes on the doors to reuce resonance and get midbass. I have the 3-door and had no midbass whatsoever with the stock speakers but after deadening it, it makes a difference. I just have to seal up the access holes and swop out the stocks for the new splits.
Also, if you're going to run the t2, you might want to change your front splits, i have a feeling they might not keep up with the sub. But do the sub first and see then if you want to upgrade the front stage.

@ Sashyboy why not just use the current amp with the small sub, just turn your gain down and it should work? Also I think RF makes 8 inch woofers that would surely fit nicely in the corner of your boot.
@Jarryd V, cool man.
The sound part in this forum is dead, I hope you and Sash will be regulars on this side. (Y)
SUPALIKE!!!

+1 morolla, I say go with the current amp and turn the gain down. If im not mistaken that amp does 500rms @ 4ohm. The electrical system will need an upgrade, Give the guys at pitch audio (randburg) a shout they have a DD yaris in which they upgraded the big 3 and the battery.

Box wise, sashyboy you can get away with a fibreglass box in the sparewheel. Have a look at yarisworld.com a lot of the guys there have done just this and they still kept their boot space. On a side note, which model yaris do you have dude?

Shot morolla, i noticed it's pretty quiet here, ill be here a lil more often now that campus is over

Hey guys, I agree, this side is very quiet!!

There must be more sound guys - considering I see so many tazz's at sound competitions!!

You guys are right, I'll look into getting a 8 or 10in sub, and most definitely sound deaden.

Ya tazz's are popular at these events.

Goodluck with the build bud!