Topic: Caliper Paint

Sup guys going to do brakes soon so decided to get the calipers sprayed aswell , i like the shade of red in this pic , any idea whats it called? Also whats a good paint to get? Want to get something that will last.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd429/20VTURBO89/0a0gadjb_zps26d70fff.jpg

Its not how u stand by your car its how u RACE ur car ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

Re: Caliper Paint

I'm also looking for this!

Turbo X

2003 Toyota RunX Rsi Turbo
Feature Car:
                Speed and Sound - issue 145
                Max My Ride – Issue 36
                Xclusivmodz
Power: 295wkw - 418nm
http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii523/Guseman/TurboRunX1-1.jpghttp://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii523/Guseman/TurboRunx2.jpg

That color looks like candle apple red hey

88 Toyota Avante
06' RunX RSI

yeah problem is to find this colour in an aerosol can , checked so many places they only have the bright red , don't think the bright red will suit my car

Its not how u stand by your car its how u RACE ur car ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

20V TURBO wrote:

yeah problem is to find this colour in an aerosol can , checked so many places they only have the bright red , don't think the bright red will suit my car

Howzit bro. Yeah u rite i honestly doubt u gna get that color in an aerosol can. My friend had done his tappet cover in a similiar color think he powdercoated it (need to comfirm) ill get the place where he did it maybe u can get the paint from there. Oh u can paint ur calipers too, just will take longer but will be worth it with this  color. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool

Last edited by Trd_Avante (2013-06-09 19:27:41)

88 Toyota Avante
06' RunX RSI

shot Trd avante , i don't mind painting it whats a gud paint to get?

the guys have good reviews for duplicolour, but i was cheap and did my car with hardware store high heat red about 2 years ago, and now its starting to peel in a few places, but nothing bad. and thats after 2 track days.

the most important thing is the prep, you have to make sure its clean and dry before painting.

The brembo one above is not painted, that looks like powdercoated

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
PPE ceramic coated race header
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

WGMR2 wrote:

the guys have good reviews for duplicolour, but i was cheap and did my car with hardware store high heat red about 2 years ago, and now its starting to peel in a few places, but nothing bad. and thats after 2 track days.

the most important thing is the prep, you have to make sure its clean and dry before painting.

The brembo one above is not painted, that looks like powdercoated

Thats correct it is powdercoated.

The key to it is as you said the preparation, the key to spraying calipers is to have the surface clean and to spray it will primer (primer is available in aerosol cans now) and then to give it a few good coats of the color. This will ensure it lasts a long enough time before you have to do it again  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile

88 Toyota Avante
06' RunX RSI

the issue with primer first is that most of the time the primers you get are not high heat.

engine enamel paint would also be fine, its rated for high temps and doesnt need primer

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
PPE ceramic coated race header
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

Thanx for the input guys decided to get the duplicolour kit , its the 1 where you have paint it with a brush , duplicolor also has primer aswell which is high heat. The  red looks similar to the pic hope it comes out neat

The closest to that colour in a aerosol spray is to use a metallic red and then spray a high temp clear over it.
closest i can suggest is using VHT anodised red but it needs a silver base and finish it off with caliper high heat clear for protection.