Topic: 160i rs idling above 1000 revs please help!!!

Hi peeps I'm new on the forum I got a toyota conquest 160i rs I'm sitting with a problem for weeks now my car idling above 1000 revs sometimes to 1500 revs its killing me now what I did I replaced the iac sensor and it still no luck checked all my air pipes seems all looking good the other thing I notice was my cambelt is abit loose can that maybe be the cause please assist thanks very much in advance.

Re: 160i rs idling above 1000 revs please help!!!

Did you try adjusting your idle? Sometimes its better to check the simplest of things first.

../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink Old Toyota'$ Never Die, They ju$t get Twincam Engine$ and Fly.. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool

Where do I person adjust the idling my screw is not touching anything so ja. Please tell me.

I guess u guys don't have any answers to my problem?

howsit bro man , firstly you need to remove air pipes linking to vacuum , throttles etc and see it the make a difference , maybe its a leaky air pipe , then check your idle speed control valve , its situated just below the throttle mouth , basically if you remove the intake pipe you will see a opening chamber at the bottom of the throttle mouth , get some strong carburetor cleaner spray and spray it down that hole . alternatively you could strip the throttle mouth and plenum and then strip and clean the idle controlling speed valve .

hope you come right bro coz i had the same problem ,

check out this video to help you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDw6lHUsS3U

97' Corolla  RSi 20v w 60mm ITB 4AGE 128kw,184nm  Stock GTI Killer (EX)
94' Corolla 180 GSX  Baby Cam   7AFE   98kw,108nm (EX) 
11' Corolla 160 VVT-I Advance 1ZRFAE 98Kw,160nm (Current)
02' Corolla 160i GL             to be dynoed 4AFE  ? kW,?nm  Recession Fighter Repsold Racing Developments (Current)
84' Corolla 130 GL    Baby Cres Sedan 4K-B  48 kw,97nm      Old School Rolla  in Progress (Current)
84' Corolla 160 GL    Baby Cres P.Van 4AGE  ? kw,?nm      Old School Rolla in Progress (Current)

IF YOUR TOO OPEN MINDED YOUR BRAINS WILL FALL OUT.