Topic: D-MON Twincam 16 vs Nissan Sabre 200GXI

So Driving home I see this very nice looking Nissan in my rear view mirror & as I pull up to the robots he is still behind me so I go over to the left lane so that we can line up. As he pulls up next to me I see that it is a 200GXI & immediately I know that I'm gonna get my gat handed to me, lol. But none the less I prepare to launch...

Light goes green & we're off...

1st gear I'm ahead...

Snap 2nd & pull till 7000rpm...still ahead

Shift into 3rd & this thing comes flying pass so I tap off @ 130km/h & flash lights cos I knew that I wasn't gonna catch him.

So further down the road I play catch up.

I pull up next to the guy & give him a hoot & thumbs up to say thanks & guess what he shows me....

A page with a FOR SALE sign! :mrgreen:

So I just smiled & said "No thanks"

Hope you guys enjoyed the tale.

Later!
D-MON

Last edited by D-MON (2009-11-11 08:13:22)

Re: D-MON Twincam 16 vs Nissan Sabre 200GXI

Good try man...

Corolla RXi 20v Blacktop                    87 RSi 4AGE 16v "DBN Stock"- 282Wkw @ 1.8 bar
TRD 0.8mm Head Gasket                   Turbonetics 0.63 A/R T3/T4 turbocharger
Yoshimura 270 cams                         Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
TODA valve Springs                          Built ZE 8.9 bottom end, ARP, FMIC
63mm Exhaust                                 Boost Cooler, Full Management

PM me for all 9000RPM Stickers, T-shirts,Caps
Legends Never Die....They are just Reborn with BooSt
                                   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/twincamsam/10a4_3_resize_resize_resize.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/twincamsam/3supras.jpg

TwincamSam wrote:

Good try man...

Thanks Sam, I saw what I think is the same car on Gumtree for sale, it says that the car is running a split cam setup & that is why I think I got the jump on him from launch! But when the cams kicked in he just came flying by!

Regards
D-MON

Is this car from Durban? cos I raced a 200GXI, Durban guy,very brave to dial an X
Good run there man...dont worry the twincam bigger brother had for the GXI.

nice try there bru. the sr20 de is a bit of a dud stock but it responds VERY well to mods. fully modded its  big force to be recogned with. you did well to keep up!

@lol at shiks- he got split cams but we got a 272 race cam  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool  hehe

Need a BOOST?...

EX: 2006 Runx RSI - DBN Stock

2012 VW Scirocco 2.0 TSI DSG -STAGE 2
Power =  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil
Torque =  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil
DARK ARTZ PERFORMANCE
Unitronic ROCCER

Slow_on_takeoff wrote:

nice try there bru. the sr20 de is a bit of a dud stock but it responds VERY well to mods. fully modded its  big force to be recogned with. you did well to keep up!

@lol at shiks- he got split cams but we got a 272 race cam  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool  hehe

Agreed,
The SR 20 is an underated motor, Pretty hard to believe that changing the down pipes and a cone filter brings her up to spec with a Vtec ( power from 103 kw to 115 kws)  In most races its pretty much even stevens.
I owned a 160 GX sentra and my bru the 200 Sabre, really a lot of fun.
My brus Sabre was doing about 220 000kms when we did the small mods. Then in Jozi he did the vd Linde Cams and used to run late 15"s in Wesbank. However the car became unbearable to drive as too much wheel spin meant balancing and alignment kep going out.

His : Fortuner D4D
Hers: 2004 Tazz 130 with a/c
Storage: Ford Sapphire 2.0i