Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

Thats insane.... 

Hold on...ive just realised that i am getting these reading with a blown O2 sensor.....

It would be nice to benchmark again once the Bosch unit is in.

I'l report back pronto.  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

Corolla RXi 20v Blacktop                    87 RSi 4AGE 16v "DBN Stock"- 282Wkw @ 1.8 bar
TRD 0.8mm Head Gasket                   Turbonetics 0.63 A/R T3/T4 turbocharger
Yoshimura 270 cams                         Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
TODA valve Springs                          Built ZE 8.9 bottom end, ARP, FMIC
63mm Exhaust                                 Boost Cooler, Full Management

PM me for all 9000RPM Stickers, T-shirts,Caps
Legends Never Die....They are just Reborn with BooSt
                                   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/twincamsam/10a4_3_resize_resize_resize.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/twincamsam/3supras.jpg

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

Andrek wrote:

Highest mileage I ever got was driving back from Cape Town.
Got 810km on full tank with timing set at 13deg, driving at a constant 120km/h.
This was with stock 15'' rims and tyres and stock exhaust with only brospeed backbox,o ja and k&n filter. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile

sorry, im going abit of topic here... but how does your car perform with jus a freefloe backbox? did you do before n after dyno runs?

btw... i get abt 400km on tank, city driving only... with shell fuel.... needta do another with as im using only BP now... but too scared to fill up :lol:

1998 Toyota Corolla RSi
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j118/Superman18791/IMAGE_191.jpg?t=1212478985http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j118/Superman18791/IMAGE_188-1.jpg?t=1212479444

ICE:
Alpine CDA 9855
DLS Magnessium MS6A 2 component split system
DLS Magnessium MW12
JBL GTO755.6 Amplifier

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

NEV-ZN wrote:

@ Kamz- Good mileage there bru but u have to understand that the mileage aquired on your trip from durbs to jhb was a nice long stretch with hardly any stop and go's.
Although, will all that said, its good to know that there are still 20's out there that get great mileage still. Well done Kamz. Keep her in good nick and she 'll run very well!!

Shot. Thats true my man. I must mention that the fuel consumption did get better on the 5spd when i changed from 17's back to 15's also I changed the spark plugs. There is a major difference in pull away accelleration as well.

I think I must just try consumption in normal day to day traffic to see the difference, will post results in about 650 kms time (hopefully!) ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/tongue

Current: '00 Rxi BlackTop http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll70/KAMZ20v/burnrubber.gif

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll70/KAMZ20v/69d97f9e-a3eb-4840-87cc-0e10cb2754d7.jpg

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

Dv 20v wrote:
Andrek wrote:

Highest mileage I ever got was driving back from Cape Town.
Got 810km on full tank with timing set at 13deg, driving at a constant 120km/h.
This was with stock 15'' rims and tyres and stock exhaust with only brospeed backbox,o ja and k&n filter. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile

sorry, im going abit of topic here... but how does your car perform with jus a freefloe backbox? did you do before n after dyno runs?

btw... i get abt 400km on tank, city driving only... with shell fuel.... needta do another with as im using only BP now... but too scared to fill up :lol:

Nope,I didnt do before and after dyno. Cab sounded quite good with that set-up, nice deep tone & not too loud.
Got 690km on my previous full tank using Shell V-Power ( Timing @ 12deg & stock airfilter) - Highway & city driving with a few dices here & there ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile
I dont have Brospeed backbox anymore, changed to De Graaf freeflow with stock branch & downpipe still in place. Would like to go Wildcat thou... Got quoted R3200 for branch and stainless steel system...

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/AndreK_bucket/RXi/image002-1.jpg

20V Corolla ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

Does 16v count in this trial? Best my car with 97 unleaded back when the mileage was lower was 1023km,the toppie managed 1000km a good few times with unleaded as well,best i have done with 95 unleaded was 860iskm on a full tank with traffic and freeway combined...after putting in a TNTbranch and 57mm exhaust best i have got is 750km and with bad driving i get 680km minimum

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

Hi guys got myself a Rxi 5spd ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile was a 6 shooter but GB was changed,anyway threw a R200 currently on 130 km and above 1/4.

With 15's and powerflow 57mm I think,and K&N filter flat bed filter

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

Twincam-wp wrote:

Hi guys got myself a Rxi 5spd ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile was a 6 shooter

congrats...did u get my pm bout da prices
../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/blink

2000 RXiya

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

will check now

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

Wishing to revive this
Any updates on 20v with dictator gents? I get about 320km with tank ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/sad  stop and start driving with 5 minutes idling every morning and 2 minutes of idling in the afternoon.
On the long road going @ 160-180 I average about 450-500km.
Before my car was dynoed it overfuelled but I was still in @ 500km but that was driving @ 120, by the way I have 17's on with my 50mm exhaust. Only use 95 but we only get Caltex in Upington ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/sad

I have ordered a set of Irridiums and twincam 14's and will report back after my service with 17's and with 14's.
Chow

Last edited by morolla (2013-11-25 11:32:04)

1995, 20v, Dictator, SRI, 50mm exhaust
95wkw 145nm @ JVS Tuning Cape Town on 24-10-13
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo4/morollaTRD/DSC_0576-1.jpg

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

ST with the Dicktator should be much better than that back in the day with my ST with Dicktator the fuel consumption was good

was the car tuned and by who,sound like the car is overfueling with that milage you getting.

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

Twincam-wp wrote:

ST with the Dicktator should be much better than that back in the day with my ST with Dicktator the fuel consumption was good

was the car tuned and by who,sound like the car is overfueling with that milage you getting.

Tuned in Cape Town driven in Upington...we have no reputable tuners nearby
Upington Height above sea level         +/-800m
Johannesburg Height above sea level +/-1700m
***You guys reckon I should try tuning in Jozi?
Altitude compensation is on.

1995, 20v, Dictator, SRI, 50mm exhaust
95wkw 145nm @ JVS Tuning Cape Town on 24-10-13
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo4/morollaTRD/DSC_0576-1.jpg

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

i have come to a conlusion that it solely depends on which service station you fill at, and not the brand, coz i fill at shell now 95 vpower and some shell stations i get very bad consumption and at some i get good, but i try to aim for the newer garages

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

morolla wrote:
Twincam-wp wrote:

ST with the Dicktator should be much better than that back in the day with my ST with Dicktator the fuel consumption was good

was the car tuned and by who,sound like the car is overfueling with that milage you getting.

Tuned in Cape Town driven in Upington...we have no reputable tuners nearby
Upington Height above sea level         +/-800m
Johannesburg Height above sea level +/-1700m
***You guys reckon I should try tuning in Jozi?
Altitude compensation is on.

Definitely have to do a remap as to the change in sea level will affect the map u did here in Cape Town.

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

These guys cant tune on TPS,only via MAP,so I have know choice but to stick to my current map, it is not running too rich at the moment as I have little to no smoke from Zhorst and my oil does not thin out (reference to when my car was running overly rich).

I know a guy who did his H22 @ JVS Tuning, lives a street behind me, he does not have any issues regarding fuel consumption, his only prob is hitting VTEC then the needle drops considerably...

1995, 20v, Dictator, SRI, 50mm exhaust
95wkw 145nm @ JVS Tuning Cape Town on 24-10-13
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo4/morollaTRD/DSC_0576-1.jpg

Re: 4AGE Fuel Consumption Trials

Update, with 14's and NGK irridiums,only did 350km on a tank, but this was mixed driving, during the week kap it slow cause when I get to work only then car is at right temp, so I do not plant it, but come weekend's eish its another story, plus with the 14's on car flies, can't help it.... Will try and do another test, its just so difficult, I did not do this conversion to drive like a grandma... I believe I could have easily gotten 500+ with a lighter foot.

1995, 20v, Dictator, SRI, 50mm exhaust
95wkw 145nm @ JVS Tuning Cape Town on 24-10-13
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo4/morollaTRD/DSC_0576-1.jpg