Topic: high fuel consumption and hesitation

Hi Guys

Can anyone of you please shed some light on this problem

When my car is cold it does not accelerate normally it hesitates but the problem is gone when the car has reached normal operating temperature.

It goes picks up fine as long as i dont give more than half throttle then it just holds back as if no fuel is going thru.

but as i said problem goes away when normal temp is reached.

It also has a strange start when its warm, as if its misfiring.
My fuel usage is 10km per litre at best urban(70km on 7 litres) and 12 at best on the freeway

my engine has been redone and ive got a 40thou bore but i still dont think it should be so heavy on fuel.
one last question, can a blacktops co2 be set? my timing is currently at 10btdc would 12-14deg make any difference?

4age 20v

Re: high fuel consumption and hesitation

check IAT sensor - Intake Air Temp   ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

96 Levin AE111 20v JDM

What do u mean by

4age 20v

check your o2 sensor?
throttle position sensor?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/mayurh/22671_32659.jpg

i had a similar issue before, in my case was the IAT sensor

96 Levin AE111 20v JDM

Sorry ivan I meant to say what do you mean by check the IAT sensor.  How is that checked?

4age 20v

Hi

You must do a electronic diagnostic of the car to see what errors the car is picking up. The IAT is a sensor that plugs inside the OEM airbox. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

96 Levin AE111 20v JDM

Oh I thought thats what you meant yes. I did a diagnostic.  No errors thats why this is so tricky but dj H on the forum told me it could possibly be my 02 sensor

4age 20v

RXI23 wrote:

Oh I thought thats what you meant yes. I did a diagnostic.  No errors thats why this is so tricky but dj H on the forum told me it could possibly be my 02 sensor

You won't be looking for DTC in this case but rather for incorrect values when the car is cold.
Could also be the water temp sender.