Topic: Gabriel shocks

I changed my shocks last year November. For the first time in six years. And I fitted gabriel. Since them the car never felt the same. its bouncing heavy. They looked new the time they fit them. I went back to where I fitted them last month. and I asked them to check if the shocks are still fine. they checked all the four and said they are gone need to change them. I showed them a slip and they saw they were just one month old and fitted by them. They changed and blamed the car for being dropped. And refused to refund or put in new shocks. This is Super Quick Kempton Park.

63mm stainless(Power Flow)
Injen CAI
Viper Branch
Short Shifter

Re: Gabriel shocks

No way, what drop do you have on there?
I think a drop will make wear and tear quicker but not a month. How did your car feel with the old shocks, the same or better? How long do you have the drop? I am thinking maybe those shocks were faulty to start with.

1995, 20v, Dictator, SRI, 50mm exhaust
95wkw 145nm @ JVS Tuning Cape Town on 24-10-13
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo4/morollaTRD/DSC_0576-1.jpg

morolla wrote:

No way, what drop do you have on there?
I think a drop will make wear and tear quicker but not a month. How did your car feel with the old shocks, the same or better? How long do you have the drop? I am thinking maybe those shocks were faulty to start with.

The car with the old shocks was stiffer and balanced. I had the drop since I bought the car 2007. And they lasted six years. The one they put on is a disaster.

63mm stainless(Power Flow)
Injen CAI
Viper Branch
Short Shifter

always buy your own shocks from a spare shop then go fit them at a reputable place not a franchise fitment centre they got monkeys working for them that claim to know everything