Topic: new engine using oil??

Hi guys please help with some advice. .my blacktop motor is completely redone from bottom to top done by engineers and I used the best quality parts. .what is strange to me now is the has 7000km on and using oil again. I drove down from jhb to cpt on sunday and checked my oil was below half on the dipstick. Im using 20w50 mobil xhp what could be the reason for this? Rings didnt bed perhaps? Advice would be appreciated because im on the verge of selling im not up for another oil problem

4age 20v

Re: new engine using oil??

Dumb question, any visible oil leak  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/ermm

96 Levin AE111 20v JDM

Whats dumb about the question?  No oil leaks at all

4age 20v

RXI23 wrote:

Hi guys please help with some advice. .my blacktop motor is completely redone from bottom to top done by engineers and I used the best quality parts. .what is strange to me now is the has 7000km on and using oil again. I drove down from jhb to cpt on sunday and checked my oil was below half on the dipstick. Im using 20w50 mobil xhp what could be the reason for this? Rings didnt bed perhaps? Advice would be appreciated because im on the verge of selling im not up for another oil problem

Howsit Dude,,, were you driving the hard most of the time?

06 X RSi
96 Conquest 160i Rs

http://carbontek.wordpress.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carbontek-Automotive-Blog/637881909577987

What make of rings were used?  is it a newly cutbore with oversized pistons?  or was it just honed? is there any white smoke on acceleration or de-acceleration? 

Lastly..  for the entire 7000km duration its only shown half on the dipstick now?

Bring it!
Rxi 2002  ???wkw

Hi guys dont know why this topic entered twice but anyways. No I was not driving hard, rings I used is mahle and newly cut bore(40thou). I topped up oil in between the 7000km I thought it was still bedding so I wasnt worried. Then filled up oil and took the long road 1200km and dipstick half. This doesn't seem normal

4age 20v

Oh and no smoke

4age 20v

who assembled the motor? new auto-power pistons i assume ?

Bring it!
Rxi 2002  ???wkw

Yes new autopower pistons and the engineers here in cpt assembled it

4age 20v

Its odd.. its hard to say what could be wrong since uncertain how well assembly was done..  but in most of engines i have done non consume oil or water..  but then i am fussy on assembly and its done to spec..

Bring it!
Rxi 2002  ???wkw

So my worn o2 sensor wont have any effect on the consumption

4age 20v

No..  in the case that bore wash has set in could be.. but to soon highly doubt it and if it was over fueling alot you can smell it and get blackish smoke on acceleration..

Bring it!
Rxi 2002  ???wkw

what oil did u use on start up? when engine was assembled?

As FKN asked. What oil was used for the run in and how long and how hard did you drove the car in the bed in period?