Topic: Apexi PowerFC 2ZZ

Hi Guys, as anyone experimented with this yet. What power gains a and who can tune in Durban.

Re: Apexi PowerFC 2ZZ

I want one so bad, but tuning is as issue, Die$el has the 1zz version in his car and he took it to steve clark from no sweat racing.

the 2zz one will not be very different.

the main problem with the apexi is that you need the software to talk to it as well as a datalogit to interface with the PC that you are using, that alone is 4 k over and above the price of the PFC.

I see that MWR has the official power excel software and adaptor for sale now but its still over 2k.

Also an important thing to note is that, unless you have the pinouts for the ECU for the runx that you are ffitting it in, more than likely it will not be plug and play, it was meant for the 00-02 celica, and would have been a direct fit on those cars.

As for power it depends on your supporting mods, its a very powerfull tool for tuning on a 2zz, however if the person tuning it has no idea what they doing, its just money down the drain, hence the reason I have been holding back a long time on getting one for myself, and mine would just plug in as im already running the 00' celica GTS ecu and iv made the wiring changes

Last edited by WGMR2 (2013-08-13 13:51:03)

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
PPE ceramic coated race header
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

Howzit does the celica ecu on your mr2 make a difference?

i have the celica ecu because i have a 2zz ge engine swap in my car

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

Just be careful.The celica and run x looms differ alot. Plugs differ alot and pin positions are way different.

Turbo87RS wrote:

Just be careful.The celica and run x looms differ alot. Plugs differ alot and pin positions are way different.

hook the guys up with Perfect power  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool

Last edited by cbs20V (2014-07-08 17:31:18)

[Ex 92 Gli Exec] [Ex 98 Rsi 20V] [03 RunX Rsi R.I.P]

iv just bought a PFC with FC HAko, waiting for it to arrive, lets see what happens

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

WGMR2 wrote:

iv just bought a PFC with FC HAko, waiting for it to arrive, lets see what happens

Congrats bro

Veez
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad62/SWTLIFE-ZN/DSC_2649_zpsa0ca4c79.jpg
'07 RunX //TRD
'99 Corolla 160i GLE
'71 VW Beetle 1600 TwinPort

PFC is in, cant see why people make it seem like its so difficult?

I flashed it with 140wkw map for PPE exhuast and intake ( and thats dynapack hub dyno reading one of the most accurate dynos around) , I have tweeked it here and there, now to see whats up on the dyno. If i get 160whp on kars dyno tommorow ill be happy, because i know I didnt gain much on top end but the midrand torque on the car is freaking tops, made drivability 100 times better.

Car is much much faster, the exhuast even sounds different, I guess its the different VVT settings causing different overlap and creating some resonance in the exhuast.

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

That's tops bro
Think I need to get one of these too.
Was hoping to put up a fight on the dyno tomorrow, but not too sure now.

Veez
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad62/SWTLIFE-ZN/DSC_2649_zpsa0ca4c79.jpg
'07 RunX //TRD
'99 Corolla 160i GLE
'71 VW Beetle 1600 TwinPort