Re: Autotrix vs Speedshop

../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing lol true, power is nothing if the car is going nowhere

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n546/Trixsta20/TRBLMKR-ZN2_zpsd0d3ff1b.jpg
113.5kw 171nm @ Experience | 110kw 169nm - 10-03-13 @ AutotriX | 110kw 166nm - 16-03-13 @ Rally
BC Coilovers | New RXi Fans | Doug Wallace 57/63mm SSMB | Viper Branches | Short Shifter | Trumpets wanted

Silent Knight wrote:

i cant comment for Speedshop as i've never been there, but i've been to Autotrix often and have seen many turbo and na cars dyno'ed there including mine own 20v and i've never looked back,car starts perfectly in the mornings any is VERY VERY SMOOTH u wouldnt even know the car has management,and the power is there instanly at any rpm no hesitation or spluttering. From my side Autotrix is the place to GO TO DYNO YOUR 20V TURBO.

And bud you got the better end of the stick, as i got the bad,

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af34/xploding/Tazz_resize.jpg
ODR Tuned - 114hp
2001 Tazz(4age 16v stage1 conversion)-90wKw and 141NM- Auto TriX
Speed Shop = 137.4BHP AT 7500RPM and 147.3NM
RunX RSi old spec 128kw ATW Rally cross and Auto Trix
2008 Polo TDi 9N3 74kw 240nm

did u tel vino u wer not happy with map bru?

Its not how u stand by your car its how u RACE ur car ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

Its not how u stand by your car its how u RACE ur car ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

Good question

20V TURBO wrote:

lol shew you go tell Vino you not happy with hes work lol and see what happens  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/blink

ODR Tuned - 114hp

i just left after i knew i was not going to win there

ODR Tuned - 114hp

Vino's a staight forward person and he will call a spade a spade and doesnt butter up things lol.
But if you have an issue and tell him he listens,the answer you'll get won't be buttered up as thats not his style like i said he will call a spade a spade,the way forward from there is up to the owner.

Vino tunes for a Toyota Rally team,SA drift cars from local and Jhb. ( Driffters from Jhb have flown him up to Jhb to tune their drift cars)

What im trying to say is,these guys trust his tuning and judgement and they compete at NATIONAL LEVELS, we can learn from them as they could have chosen anyone in SA to tune their car and they choose Vino............... do the maths guys  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool

Last edited by Silent Knight (2013-08-07 09:30:23)

7AGE 6SPD: 2B1 Built & Mapped by Autotrix   "Best 1/4mile time 14.2sec @ Mtuba (MSA EVENT) "
Don't INJURE what you can't KILL!!!                           
Update : 5 May 2013 14.2@161kmph (achieved time with car having a miss fire issue)
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu42/20plenty/7age_2_zps44a6e6ab.jpg
What did the 1 V-tec supporter say to the other V-tec supporter?
NB:Remember!!!
If the 20vs 1st off the line we'll say he JUMPED THE V-TEC!
but if the VTEC's 1st off the line we'll say he OUT LAUNCHED THE 20V!
sweeeeeet!!! we cant lose this way.......(^_^)

my car felt extremely nice with autotrix map even though we picked up faults car was extremely smooth through the rev and felt like it never felt before. i was very happy happy with vino's mapping

Shot for the input and advise guys  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink will give vino a try and if i'm not happy with the map then off to speedshop

silent knight are you using dictator management bru?

Silent Knight wrote:

Vino's a staight forward person and he will call a spade a spade and doesnt butter up things lol.
But if you have an issue and tell him he listens,the answer you'll get won't be buttered up as thats not his style like i said he will call a spade a spade,the way forward from there is up to the owner.

Vino tunes for a Toyota Rally team,SA drift cars from local and Jhb. ( Driffters from Jhb have flown him up to Jhb to tune their drift cars)

What im trying to say is,these guys trust his tuning and judgement and they compete at NATIONAL LEVELS, we can learn from them as they could have chosen anyone in SA to tune their car and they choose Vino............... do the maths guys  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool

You wrong in the above BOLD text. he fails to listen(He didnt listen to me, he was rude and faulty), yes he listens to you cause you have a fast car or a good build(I have seen him call up guys that have fast cars only), but if you are a average person like me with a twincam motor, he did bull shit me by far, and please let me say something, all the above does not mean he can get every car right, he failed with mine and many other peoples cars. no politics but just my event of working with him,

ODR Tuned - 114hp

Sorry to hear dat bro , you shouldn't hav even let him tune the car if he treated you badly coz you paying him hes not paying  you , don't get some tuners they act lyk they doing you a favour lol. I'm hapy to hear your car is flyn after the speedshop map bru but each tuner has there bad days mayb was just unluky with vino , every tuner is good in their own way gues it just comes down to who you get along with.

Sorry to hear dat bro , you shouldn't hav even let him tune the car if he treated you badly coz you paying him hes not paying  you , don't get some tuners they act lyk they doing you a favour lol. I'm hapy to hear your car is flyn after the speedshop map bru but each tuner has there bad days mayb was just unluky with vino , every tuner is good in their own way gues it just comes down to who you get along with.

../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/blink eish that is strange,

Edit  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/whistling this posting issues need to b fixed admin  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2

Last edited by TRIXSTA Veez (2013-08-13 14:31:52)

113.5kw 171nm @ Experience | 110kw 169nm - 10-03-13 @ AutotriX | 110kw 166nm - 16-03-13 @ Rally
BC Coilovers | New RXi Fans | Doug Wallace 57/63mm SSMB | Viper Branches | Short Shifter | Trumpets wanted

../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/blink eish that is strange, "tuners" get annoyed when they advise you on items and guys go and do their own things, I havent seen this happen myself at autotrix and can agree with Vk's comment.
My car is not tuned nor have I spent any money @ autotrixs besides a dyno day or two and the guys there are always helping one and other out and always ready to advise. Dont know why you were treated differently.

Xploding what was wrong with your car?

20V TURBO wrote:

I agree with you 100% , he was not the tuner for me., but he did my whole conversion so had to do it with him. im cool with it, cause i won with speedshop and all i wanted was my car to run smoothly ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile

ODR Tuned - 114hp

Hey vees you know me, im not a loud mouth and never looked for a fight, but im going to show yourl all how much he quoted me and then charged me at the end, and you tell me why shouldnt you be unhappy.
Things wrong the car:
1. Water pipes where connected wong- caused the car to heat up when ever i pulled a gear - resulted in them cutting my thermostat(they charged me for a cut one) - ran my fan on all the time (packed up after a month or so)
2. Tuned my car without my induction kit(was in the boot)
3. Left my tps wire naked and twisted- resulted in one cord coming lose and car not idling a few months after
4. They fitted a internal fuel pump - resulted in my fuel gauge being jumpy and giving false readings.
5. Car never use to ilde when hot
6. after pulling the car and changing gear car use to pause then pull
MAIN reason - my car use to run with a 1.4 polo vivo for a twincam ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/sad
And i was still nice to him and explained everything but he got rude cause i use to come back every week about how poor the car was.
i solved all the piping issues, took it to speed shop - tuned it and car was a dream-

As you say above, i was unlucky - but i still do believe hes a good tuner but he must just treat everyone fair even if they got slow cars, oh ya hes a good chap to chat to when you on hes good side

ODR Tuned - 114hp

yoh luky u got all those issues sorted , yeah no doubt if hes tuning for rally teams and drift he must be a good tuner , gues its just preference some guys swear by autotrix and sum swear by speedshop duno which 1 to go to lol

yoh luky u got all those issues sorted , yeah no doubt if hes tuning for rally teams and drift he must be a good tuner , gues its just preference some guys swear by autotrix and sum swear by speedshop duno which 1 to go to lol

off the topic..  What happen to Nizaam were you not  going to go there in the beginning ?

Bring it!
Rxi 2002  ???wkw

i did go there not happy with the car at all , so nw gna try autotrix or go back 2 speedshop

i did go there not happy with the car at all , so nw gna try autotrix or go back 2 speedshop