Topic: 2zzge Cams+itb

Hey guys been toying with the idea...  need  some info. 2zz.. who has tried the mwr/piper cams and what were the gains increases?
What rpm they safely rev to on stock oil pump gear...  and what rpm on uprated gear
I am contemplating a 2zz build with cams high compression and ITB ... I know the valves and valve springs need to be uprated...
I can get the engine at a good price...  havent bought it yet contemplating options still...  Aim 200wbhp .  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2
Chassis still need to find something to fit it in!   Please give me what ever advise and input.

Bring it!
Rxi 2002  ???wkw

Re: 2zzge Cams+itb

Higher compression pistons are R6000
Valvetrain kit R5500
Cams R5200
Shim and labour R3000
Itbs R1500
Management R5000
Tune R2000
Oil pump gear R4500
Upgraded oil pump can rev to 10 000rpm...stock it shouldn't be pushed past 8500

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Shim and labour i can do.
Itb i have a set of precision
ecu i have stock ecu and loom as well as aftermarket ecu have my adaptronic which supports 2zz easily..
Can u not pick up compression with headgasket? and use stock pistons?   i am prepared to spend on cams valve train oil pump gear..    Pistons kill the budget if i ever do this...   

What power are u look at with this setup?

Bring it!
Rxi 2002  ???wkw

U can use head gasket but then its safer to change pistons

Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

what power gains will this give ?

Bring it!
Rxi 2002  ???wkw

Damn guys, thats a lot a loot.
The gains have to be really impressive.

Veez
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad62/SWTLIFE-ZN/DSC_2649_zpsa0ca4c79.jpg
'07 RunX //TRD
'99 Corolla 160i GLE
'71 VW Beetle 1600 TwinPort

u will need pfc to extract the most out of the engine with all those mods, dont forget an exhaust and a ppe header. thats another R24000

y will be looking at around +-170wkw

170wkw too little for the money spent, just turbo it

yup u rather turbo it

Adaptronic supports 2zzge fully!  Its a 12k ecu on its own...  it even runs the black top beams dual vvti awesomely!   

2zzge Valves  springs and retainers +  cams by mwr = 1369Usd  x 8.5 =R11363.50   +4500 oil pump gear = 16136.50 .. Rest of stuff i have beside the ppe header..  exhaust i can sort out...   Itching to build a high revving  screamer guess boils down to what you can afford lol and 2 builds at 1 go is impossible  for me

Iesh  i turboing my 20v at the moment. and cost wise its NOT cheap in my case.   But using top quality parts and lots extra goodies on it..

Bring it!
Rxi 2002  ???wkw

170wkw on a aspirated car will be a demon..  20v Turbo on low boost =160wkw  and to do a average  complete turbo build u looking at 40k  easy if not more...  but power gains ofcourz are respectable  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2

Bring it!
Rxi 2002  ???wkw

the right person to ask is pieter zeelie with the track MR2, MWR sells a fully built 2zz for 7000$ that excludes ecu etc.

i would just supercharge/turbo charge it

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
PPE ceramic coated race header
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

WGMR2 wrote:

the right person to ask is pieter zeelie with the track MR2, MWR sells a fully built 2zz for 7000$ that excludes ecu etc.

i would just supercharge/turbo charge it

How much do you think the import duties and taxes would come to?

Veez
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad62/SWTLIFE-ZN/DSC_2649_zpsa0ca4c79.jpg
'07 RunX //TRD
'99 Corolla 160i GLE
'71 VW Beetle 1600 TwinPort

14% vat, 10% customs, 20% duties, and then another 2500 for shipping

2zz-Spook wrote:

Higher compression pistons are R6000
Valvetrain kit R5500
Cams R5200
Shim and labour R3000
Itbs R1500
Management R5000
Tune R2000
Oil pump gear R4500
Upgraded oil pump can rev to 10 000rpm...stock it shouldn't be pushed past 8500

Hi Guys,

Im looking into trying out ITB setup as i cannot find the 2zzge supercharger.

Please guide me here:
ITB: which ones are sufficient? can i use the 20V ITBs?
Due to costs, i cant go full management so i will have to get a plenum made, i have called a company here in cape town called Rowland and they can do a plenum intake for me. I plan to run this set-up with only the standard ECU and no chip.
Will i need another fuel rail or can i use the standard fuel rail?
Do you guys know of any1 who has doen this set-up? looking for build threads please

Thanks

May the LIFT be with us X-Men
2006 XRSi (with stealth mode function)

57mm zorst (DON)
Motorcade CAI with Simota filter
15.0 flat @Killarney 21/04/2012

khakhi wrote:

Hi Guys,

Please guide me here:
Due to costs, i cant go full management so i will have to get a plenum made, i have called a company here in cape town called Rowland and they can do a plenum intake for me. I plan to run this set-up with only the standard ECU and no chip.
Do you guys know of any1 who has doen this set-up? looking for build threads please

Thanks

rowland have done the intake before, it works.

You can run itbs on the stock ecu with a closed plenum to a single throttle.. a little pointless.
You CANNOT run itbs on an open plenum, bcoz the stock ecu works of MAF Signal.
But you can get a few aftermarket ecu that will clamp the maf & run a map sensor instead with open plenum

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo15/ViSheN007/MK1_V_Dub_Caddy_250_small.jpg

Dont expect Miracles unless you have done the Ridiculous
1993 Caddy Sport
Xrsi  New Old Spec
WTF is LiFT???

i have forgotten more mods than u have in your sig

khakhi wrote:

Hi Guys,

Please guide me here:

Thanks

You can run itbs on the stock ecu with a closed plenum to a single throttle.. a little pointless.
But you can get a few aftermarket ecu that will clamp the maf & run a map sensor instead with open plenum

1993 Caddy Sport
Xrsi  New Old Spec
WTF is LiFT???

ViSheN wrote:
khakhi wrote:

Hi Guys,

Please guide me here:

Thanks

sure man
whats the standard 2ZZ TB size?

May the LIFT be with us X-Men
2006 XRSi (with stealth mode function)

57mm zorst (DON)
Motorcade CAI with Simota filter
15.0 flat @Killarney 21/04/2012

2zz 76mm inlet from the cai side
76mm is the same size as the 20v plenum inlet  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

1993 Caddy Sport
Xrsi  New Old Spec
WTF is LiFT???