Topic: Would you sell your 160i for a 20 Valve?

Just wondering what you guys think: would you sell your 160i (Corolla) for a 20 Valve RXi? If so, why or why not?

Re: Would you sell your 160i for a 20 Valve?

i did but i wouldnt had if i were older ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/neutral

Lol, why - what happened?

rxi is a sweet ryd bru u cnt go wrng ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink  , if u take care of the car and not drive it like u stole it all the tym and do regular service u wont hav any issues. Rxi is a basically a 1600 and a gud daily runner , fuel wont be dat heavy if u change below 5000rpm lyk dats gna happen lol in my opinion go for it bru  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool

Its not how u stand by your car its how u RACE ur car ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

@20v turbo infact if you drive a 20v like a 1600 it will consume less than a 4afe well that what i finded out, after i bought mine, so a 20v is a way to go, and since you will be getting the car pretty much third or 4th hand be prepared to spend quiet a few bucks to get it running at its best and there after, you wont regret getting it, there is a problem with it though
ITS A FLIPPEN ADDICTIVE CAR TO DRIVE

i will do it in a heartbeat. cant compare the 2. just need to be a little disciplined with that right foot

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
PPE ceramic coated race header
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

Surely a very decent car to drive.
warning, dont open the plenum, ul want to lose it  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n546/Trixsta20/TRBLMKR-ZN2_zpsd0d3ff1b.jpg
113.5kw 171nm @ Experience | 110kw 169nm - 10-03-13 @ AutotriX | 110kw 166nm - 16-03-13 @ Rally
BC Coilovers | New RXi Fans | Doug Wallace 57/63mm SSMB | Viper Branches | Short Shifter | Trumpets wanted

I like both pretty much equally. Sure, I been offered a lot of money for my modified 2001 160i many times even by policemen but, you can imagine that it's not easy to just part with a car that really stands by you regardless of heavy or light foot driving  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cheerful

It runs really well, beat a VR6 toooooooo  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/neutral  and I have NO PROBLEMS thankfully since I nurtured it from it's younger days, lol. Daily runner that shifts well when I ask it to.

When I drive a 20V, I feel at home which is cool. The extra power is definitely welcome (oh, and electric windows, heehee) And revving to 8 is too lekker.

Only issue is, I seen a bras 20V suffering with excessive smoke which costs him time and money and now, it blew it's head gasket setting him far backeven though the mileage is not too high. the car wasn't maintained well enough before he got it but, it's wasn't really bad.

I know with good maintenance early in a car's life, it will serve you well but, eish, nowadays, most ppl abuse their rides then sell them...

20V TURBO wrote:

rxi is a sweet ryd bru u cnt go wrng ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink  , if u take care of the car and not drive it like u stole it all the tym and do regular service u wont hav any issues. Rxi is a basically a 1600 and a gud daily runner , fuel wont be dat heavy if u change below 5000rpm lyk dats gna happen lol in my opinion go for it bru  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool

Exacty bru, gotta take care of it for it to be hassle free  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile  Applies to any car...

20v for sure dude! After driving a 160i things get a bit bland  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/blink
Unless you really wana work that engine (4afe) theres plenty potential for it
But you know what they say at the end of the day! X is King ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool

06 X RSi
96 Conquest 160i Rs

http://carbontek.wordpress.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carbontek-Automotive-Blog/637881909577987

I had a tazz 160i check my sig for the mods it went very well good daily driver but when i got the rxi i never looked back it now my daily drive as long as its well maintained it very enjoyable and its better on fuel comsumption the than the 4afe!

respect to both , love the noise of a 20v screaming at 9grand while u passing the guys in OPCS , GTi's and STIs , but damn 4afe all the way for reliability ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2 . n that's why u get GE and FE.

97' Corolla  RSi 20v w 60mm ITB 4AGE 128kw,184nm  Stock GTI Killer (EX)
94' Corolla 180 GSX  Baby Cam   7AFE   98kw,108nm (EX) 
11' Corolla 160 VVT-I Advance 1ZRFAE 98Kw,160nm (Current)
02' Corolla 160i GL             to be dynoed 4AFE  ? kW,?nm  Recession Fighter Repsold Racing Developments (Current)
84' Corolla 130 GL    Baby Cres Sedan 4K-B  48 kw,97nm      Old School Rolla  in Progress (Current)
84' Corolla 160 GL    Baby Cres P.Van 4AGE  ? kw,?nm      Old School Rolla in Progress (Current)

IF YOUR TOO OPEN MINDED YOUR BRAINS WILL FALL OUT.

Definitely would sell my 160i for a 20v, I miss my 20v and it was extremely well maintained

Sometimes, I regret selling my 20v  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/sad

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu47/Ish20valve/Ish-GTi-12.jpghttp://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu47/Ish20valve/20v-Signature.jpg
2012 TR GTi DSG, Xenons, Sunroof, Bluetooth, Touch Screen Radio
2002 160i GLE
Ex : 2001 RXi 20v - Maintained by Daya's Auto

yeah i would in a heartbeat, provided that the 20v is in the same or better condition than my current car.

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
PPE ceramic coated race header
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

If you drive with somebody who can pilot a car in a healthy conquest with 4afe ,you wouldent think of selling it.It will drop a 20v on short twisty roads,and can take alot of abuse.In general the 4afe does not nearly get as much credit as it deserve.People that i heard praise it,know their way around cars.

I would buy one now if i could my 20v is costing me alot of money atm.