Topic: Re: 3sge Red Top Beams in Bubble: Updated

Hi all,

After 3 months of work and 2 months of road driving, Car is 90% complete in my mind. Only now needs, walbro pump, fuel pressure regulator, and bigger  battery.

Anyway, official stats at Mace Dino came out to 145kw on the wheels, so works out 155 - 160kw on engine or crank if I am right?

So not to bad figures for stil some parts needed and still has to go for one more dino. But will wait till I have the pump etc. My money playing hide and seek now...

But with happy news, took it to killarney yesterday for a 1/4 mile run, and I am sure you are dying to know how it turned out.

So on with the run and some pics of the afterwards project where engine looks bit nicer now. Still needs a clean and some more cosmetics to come.
--------------------------------------------------

1st run: Took on Neo VVL Sentra (165kw) Not sure if that one was making the 165kw. He still had to dino car.

anyway again (some time later):

1st gear: pulled away at  3000 rpm. spinned immidiatly to 8600 - 8800 rpm. Tried to controll spin but a bit uselless, spinned more than Neo, but managed some how to pull away about a 1 and half car lenght at the end of 1st.

2nd gear: Spinned to 8600 rpm again. Neo caught up to nose length, and stayed there.

3rd gear: quick spin and pulled away until Neo was at my door along side me(The forse was with me ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2). at end of 3rd was doing 170 km/h at +- 8100 rpm.

4th gear: Just before the line pulled 4th gear and pulled a bit away again(But really not much). Neo stayed in 3rd gear while, think he was at end of my door, crossing line at about +-185km/h. think I only did 500rpm in 4th. But that is my speedo reading and not true speed.

But anyhow track was very slipery and in evening with 2 bar tyres I manged on first run 15.1 and VVL 15.2 time I think. Second run time was better.

2nd Run:

Another Sentra. Stock motor But tuned (think and guesing was pushing +- 135kw.)
Anyhow before run could see she deflated her tires to about 1.2 - 1.4 bar for more traction. VERY SLIPERY.
I didn't have a pump so kept with my 2 bar, maybe 2.1 bar nitrogen tires.

the run:

1st: gear: Seemed she pulled before green light or had very good reaction, but non the less with the tires managed to pull me in first by almost this time 1 and half car length. I meanwhile spinned this time bit les, but still crazy. Car was hopping this time to try and get traction.

2nd gear: I spinned again and she pulled little bit but, I started to catch at end off 2nd gear quite a bit. 

3rd gear: Really started to catch up.

4th: Again catched up. She still in 3rd, but unfortunately crossed the line before me. But according to the time I dit a 14.7 and she did a 14.9. Think she did maybe pull before green light, or they work it out with reacion time. Not to sure. But one thing is that deflating tires helps ones cause massively! They said I could gain +- 1 sec by deflating tires. Well she launched and hardly spinned. while I was pulling to sideways in 1st and second.

Oh well all in all I was pleased with results, knowing with right tire pressure / launch / track bite / slicks... I would manage a seriously good time for a stock standard motor. And still need the pump etc. Maybe dice throttles later.

So hope you enjoyed. BEAMS POWER ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2 TOYOTA!!

Some pics of almost complete project:

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/cloetere/3sge%20Project%20-%20My%20Bubble/DSC00403.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/cloetere/3sge%20Project%20-%20My%20Bubble/DSC00413.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/cloetere/3sge%20Project%20-%20My%20Bubble/DSC00414.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/cloetere/3sge%20Project%20-%20My%20Bubble/DSC00415.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/cloetere/3sge%20Project%20-%20My%20Bubble/DSC00411.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/cloetere/3sge%20Project%20-%20My%20Bubble/DSC00415.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/cloetere/3sge%20Project%20-%20My%20Bubble/DSC00408.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/cloetere/3sge%20Project%20-%20My%20Bubble/DSC00407.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/cloetere/3sge%20Project%20-%20My%20Bubble/DSC00412.jpg

Enjoy ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile Now probably be a while till next drag, daily drive, so wanna look after my baby. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink No ffing up car for other peoples intertainment. To expensive project. Probably drag when pump is up etc.

Regards

Re: Re: 3sge Red Top Beams in Bubble: Updated

howzit..

Could you post pics of the engine mountings... And what u had to do to make it fit?

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa278/allyzone22/XS-3.png
1998 Honda VTec Turbo
2007 ICupra TDi BTurbo
2010 Toyota Corolla 1.3i

(ex) 2008 BMW 320i Sportspack
(ex) 2005 Tazz 1300

The best built cars in the world

dam thats cool ... awesome car there Rehan.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff366/rajiv_/Sig1.jpg
~half loaf white bread is better than 1 loaf brown bread~

-03' RunX RSi (ex)
-07' RunX TRD - Supercharged (ex)
-02' MKIII MR2 - 2zzge
-14' BMW F20 116i - Daily drive

Thanks ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink,

Mostly, only the left engine mount was removed and reworked by mechanic. But looks like al the other mountings  are still in the same place(Not to sure). But motor fits easier in 20v shape corrolla.

Bubble mountings sit in wrong direction, so will twist and brake becuase of torque. Where with 20v sits in right place. Not much altering needed if any.

And then I use my original drive shafts, so no risk of twisting or having to make them up, which is a massive bonus. Mechanic drove his car for more than a year with nothing but a regular service, before he sold it to move on to new project.

But if you are considering to do the converstion, you will have to speak or do it through him unfortunatly.

But that is his secret and effort. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink I don't know all the very specific details etc.

Thanks ,

Mostly, only the left engine mount was removed and reworked by mechanic. But looks like al the other mountings  are still in the same place(Not to sure). But motor fits easier in 20v shape corrolla.

Bubble mountings sit in wrong direction, so will twist and brake becuase of torque. Where with 20v sits in right place. Not much altering needed if any.

And then I use my original drive shafts, so no risk of twisting or having to make them up, which is a massive bonus. Mechanic drove his car for more than a year with nothing but a regular service, before he sold it to move on to new project.

But if you are considering to do the converstion, you will have to speak or do it through him unfortunatly.

But that is his secret and effort.  I don't know all the very specific details etc.

Congrats On the times and successful conversion Rehan !

Out of interest sake what does such a conversion cost and where is your mechy situated ?

e e e e We kaant do enietheeng from the Pet roll praice, see biekos they waant aas to subsiedaais eet, but aanforchinatelee eet ees nort possiebill!"

Hi There and Thanks ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

In short with the corolla you have, going through the right process and doing research and getting the parts yourself with the right info, you shouldn't pay more than R35k. Should actually even pay less than that. But that said before you even start you can first pm or call me and I can take you through the do's and don'ts. And There are a lot to look out for!

If you don't have the info I have obtained or have done research yourself, which will help a bit, you will like me end up at R45k. That I PROMISE you.

I did research for about a year on this motor and there isn't a lot of info (In fact 0 online showing you exact steps and +- costs involved) on this conversion out there, specially with a front wheel drive conversion.

No mistake, ITS THE BEST CONVERSION FOR NA, EVERYDAY DRIVE CAR CONVERSION YOU CAN DO on a corolla, but there is a lot to look out for. I wasted over 10k listening to the people's advice, which may or may not entirely be there fault to an extent. But that's how you learn I guess and know who to trust and steer people away off in future, or give the right honest advice to.

But if you really want the details you need ask or give me your email so I can respond and we can come in contact, so I can take you through it.

But briefly the steps to follow.

Mechanic: Abubakar Abrhams in Muizenberg. (Only guy I know who made my car work with using original driveshafts. AND IT WORKS.) Drove his car over a year doing hard miles, with just regular services. Then he sold car to move on to new project.

Don't Dino your car at Ferolli. Go TO MACE or Koosie Swanepoel. I went to, MACE, and I am very happy. Do your wiring there as well.

Was at Ferrolli first.. So for the love of all that is holy, just stay away...Waisted 6k there...

Get all the parts yourself. Find out what you need, buy it and supply to mechanic. If not get ready to rip that budget open.

I had some really bad and a very expensive experience and hope I can help others not do the same. 45k isn't games, to hard working people doing it for their passion or daily driver. Notify me and I will give you what I experienced, as this is the most important learning curve before doing this conversion.

Luckily at after spending a lot of time and wasted money, the car drives beyond a dream, is crap fast and screams almost to 9000 rpm, which you can drive hard everyday so long as you idle car first. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink And off course its just the best looking motor to have in a engine bay. Limited edition. Only 100 mr2 limited editions came with this motor. Kawasaki endurance and reliability as they developed it. And off course motor only has 84k's on the clock.

So many more happy miles to come ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2

Regards,

Last edited by Rehan (2012-03-27 12:11:39)

SupremO 7 wrote:

Thanks ,

But that is his secret and effort.  I don't know all the very specific details etc.

Out of interest sake what does such a conversion cost and where is your mechy situated ?

In short with the corolla you have, going through the right process and doing research and getting the parts yourself with the right info, you shouldn't pay more than R35k. Should actually even pay less than that. But that said before you even start you can first pm or call me and I can take you through the do's and don'ts. And There are a lot to look out for!

If you don't have the info I have obtained or have done research yourself, which will help a bit, you will like me end up at R45k. That I PROMISE you.

I did research for about a year on this motor and there isn't a lot of info (In fact 0 online showing you exact steps and +- costs involved) on this conversion out there, specially with a front wheel drive conversion.

No mistake, ITS THE BEST CONVERSION FOR NA, EVERYDAY DRIVE CAR CONVERSION YOU CAN DO on a corolla, but there is a lot to look out for. I wasted over 10k listening to the people's advice, which may or may not entirely be there fault to an extent. But that's how you learn I guess and know who to trust and steer people away off in future, or give the right honest advice to.

But if you really want the details you need ask or give me your email so I can respond and we can come in contact, so I can take you through it.

Mechanic: Abubakar Abrhams in Muizenberg. (Only guy I know who made my car work with using original driveshafts. AND IT WORKS.) Drove his car over a year doing hard miles, with just regular services. Then he sold car to move on to new project.

Don't Dino your car at Ferolli. Go TO MACE or Koosie Swanepoel. I went to, MACE, and I am very happy. Do your wiring there as well.

Was at Ferrolli first.. So for the love of all that is holy, just stay away...Waisted 6k there...

Get all the parts yourself. Find out what you need, buy it and supply to mechanic. If not get ready to rip that budget open.

I had some really bad and a very expensive experience and hope I can help others not do the same. 45k isn't games, to hard working people doing it for their passion or daily driver. Notify me and I will give you what I experienced, as this is the most important learning curve before doing this conversion.

Luckily at after spending a lot of time and wasted money (Huge learning curve), the car drives beyond a dream, is crap fast and screams almost to 9000 rpm, which you can drive hard everyday so long as you idle car first. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink And off course its just the best looking motor to have in a engine bay. Limited edition. Only 100 mr2 limited editions came with this motor. Kawasaki endurance and reliability as they developed it. And off course motor only has 84k's on the clock.

So many more happy miles to come ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2

Regards,

Rehan wrote:
SupremO 7 wrote:

Thanks ,

Luckily at after spending a lot of time and wasted money (Huge learning curve), the car drives beyond a dream, is crap fast and screams almost to 9000 rpm, which you can drive hard everyday so long as you idle car first. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink And off course its just the best looking motor to have in a engine bay. Limited edition. Only 100 mr2 limited editions came with this motor. Kawasaki endurance and reliability as they developed it. And off course motor only has 84k's on the clock.

Regards,

someone else also spun u a B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T story. Yamaha actually helped with development .

Daily: 3rd Gen 3SGE sw20 MR2, 90 T-Top, Bone stock
Track Project:4AGZE,Sc14 charger 93 "Bubble shape" Corrola
Future project? TWINCHARGE
The Best of both worlds!

Boosted cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them, and if you throw a little alcohol in them they'll rock your world

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc206/supercboy/Mr2/toyota-mr2-mk2--red-t-shirt1_zpsc80ccb3e.jpg

superCboy wrote:
Rehan wrote:
SupremO 7 wrote:

Regards,

someone else also spun u a B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T story. Yamaha actually helped with development .

Ah shit soz.

Got tongue twisted. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile Where do I come with Kawasaki.  lol No words...
Prob cause i'm not a bike fan.

Nice one....well done. Been following this project.

Some semi's and an LSD and you may break into the 13's. What torque is she putting down?

Corolla RXi 20v Blacktop                    87 RSi 4AGE 16v "DBN Stock"- 282Wkw @ 1.8 bar
TRD 0.8mm Head Gasket                   Turbonetics 0.63 A/R T3/T4 turbocharger
Yoshimura 270 cams                         Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
TODA valve Springs                          Built ZE 8.9 bottom end, ARP, FMIC
63mm Exhaust                                 Boost Cooler, Full Management

PM me for all 9000RPM Stickers, T-shirts,Caps
Legends Never Die....They are just Reborn with BooSt
                                   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/twincamsam/10a4_3_resize_resize_resize.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/twincamsam/3supras.jpg

what box you using?

2002 MR2, 2zz-GE 6speed
PPE ceramic coated race header
Apexi PFC
Custom intake

Joh very nice setup i can imagine the money you spent but i guess at the end of the day you enjoying your car Thats some decent power that

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/DA2CAMS/Copyof1-2.pngCAN'T TOUCH IT,U MUST JUST WISH FOR IT
TRD PRESIDENT

TWINCAM NC wrote:

Joh very nice setup i can imagine the money you spent but i guess at the end of the day you enjoying your car Thats some decent power that

Yes enjoying every moment thanks. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile But car still needs to be tuned again. I still have some noticable flat spots. And still need to fit a walbro pump and FPR.

Between 3000 and 4000 rpm she doesnt want to pull. After that a bom explodes... And you can here in those revs the cone filter breathes heavy! Sound almost exactly like a m3 sound but much louder! But tuner said I would need another tune.. so...

I heard some advice that one should fit two walbro pums in parralell?

But car is running strong. Tuned a bit too rich still, but will sort that out when the money is there again.

Anyhow car is making 145kw on the wheels and 228nm torque.

So in normal terms +- 155 - 160kw at a high 7500 rpm and 228nm at 6500 rpm.

Will try to make a clip from 0 - 180 or so and post link if I can keep my phone steady. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

The one me and my buddy fitted also come out the last MSA event and did a 14.7 on street tyres first time out. hopefully next event will get it in the low 14's with the suspension setup and some more sticky fronts!

The Best of both worlds!

Boosted cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them, and if you throw a little alcohol in them they'll rock your world

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc206/supercboy/Mr2/toyota-mr2-mk2--red-t-shirt1_zpsc80ccb3e.jpg

superCboy wrote:

The one me and my buddy fitted also come out the last MSA event and did a 14.7 on street tyres first time out. hopefully next event will get it in the low 14's with the suspension setup and some more sticky fronts!

NICE! Happy to see some more beams conversions ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2 Front wheel Drive or rear wheel drive?

But ya, can do a lot better. I spinned way to much! Not real life conditions. And the nissan guys are serious with deflating tires and taking out seats and removing light for cold air. I prob saw 5 nissans all doing the same. All Sentras...

But still love a sentra and Toy. Dad used to drive sharp nose sentra. 2.0 sti. Loved that car. Sold it though for 36k to my sister. Low km. Excellant condition! Car was only 2 years old from brand new, one owner! Company car. So just needed to pay difference for car that was sill left. So unfair... But was still in school. Donkey years back.

But happy I ended up with the bubble. Drives just ass nice as a 2.0 1.6valve jetta. But ya Beams conversion is just the dream.

FWD 20V Shape boet!

The Best of both worlds!

sweet build, 15.1 in jozi is for sure low 14s here in Durbs.MMMMmmm ABF&B20 what???
Still didnt get to the gearbox question that was asked???
how hard would it be if one changers the bellhousing on a 4age box to a 3sge one, will this work, so that it can be used on a 3sge motor?

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af34/xploding/Tazz_resize.jpg
ODR Tuned - 114hp
2001 Tazz(4age 16v stage1 conversion)-90wKw and 141NM- Auto TriX
Speed Shop = 137.4BHP AT 7500RPM and 147.3NM
RunX RSi old spec 128kw ATW Rally cross and Auto Trix
2008 Polo TDi 9N3 74kw 240nm

The standard redtop makes 147kw atf,will you post your dyno sheet some time?.I am so jealous,the redtop is awesome.

Awesome Build!!
I just need to get mine fixed and i will be happy!!

Awesome Build!!
I just need to get mine fixed and i will be happy!!

1day is 1 day... I just wanna EFF the GTI's...
Nice build there man, dont dissapear, we will be calling you!!!

Last edited by morolla (2013-04-11 14:43:43)

1995, 20v, Dictator, SRI, 50mm exhaust
95wkw 145nm @ JVS Tuning Cape Town on 24-10-13
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo4/morollaTRD/DSC_0576-1.jpg