Re: b16 vs 20v

TwincamSam wrote:
N A wrote:

V Tec will strap both 20v and the Run X ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool
Must test buddy, lots of biased/propaganda on the interwebz when it comes to shit like this.
You know how it goes if you own a 20v, then that be the king, same thing with the VTEC manne.

Answer is known to me, through real life, first hand testing……

Really...??  My "Real Life" testing showed some other interesting results.....I remember I used to actually keep count on how many B16's I strapped a few years back when I first got to CT......I lost count somewhere in the 40's...check the older forum post a few years old. This 20v has yet to have a B16 run infront of it.......and that's the fact my friend....on the streets!...Im not stock though....far from it.....but I used to run infront when stock too. U have your opinion.....I have my experiences.....

let’s do this buddy, less talking and more action, give me a time and a place and I will be there, I have a couple Hondas that you can try and strap

Also dont get off topic and start getting defensive...... We have no beef with the Tecs.....We have many Tecs on 9000 and in the crew....and some of our Tecs are insanely fast ( Life Begins at 1,5 Bar)   ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil

back to the topic...

Stock for stock I think 20v Vs Vtec will always be a tight one with the winner being the car that is in better condition or engine that is a bit more loose. In 1997 CAR mag tested the Rsi 20v with a 0-100 of 7.71 and top speed of 207. The ballarde Tec had a slower 0-100 but top speed of 209. Civic Tec topped out at 200 and 0-100 somewhere in the low 8s.

Stock for stock with a XRSi....Even if the Tec is one of the strongest bone stock ones it will probably only stick with the X until end of 3rd....much like a stock 20v......once the X hits 4th its game over.....(Ceteris Paribus)

See attached Scanned Article Road Test comparrison from Drive Magazine..Rsi Vs Vtec Vs 200IE Vs 200STi..... 20v was fastest from all in 0-100 and over 1km.

May the Lift be with you all.

I cant see any stock vtec running with you,if i understood what i saw in your video of your dials under acceleration correctly ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2 ,from what i see here stock vs stock it comes down to the driver.

Guseman wrote:

../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/neutral  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil

Well said Diesel!!  Except there is no space for the family!!

Thanks for the test pages twincamsam, brings back the memories!

At least we cant argue over that tests!!

@ GUSEMAN (TURBO X) AND DIESEL (MR2)

do you guys go to the thursday night samrand and carstenhof drags ? if so lemme know it would be nice to meet both you guys and check out your cabs. . .

wouldnt mind trying both you guys out as well. . . . if you'll game for it that is. .

lemme know, pm me, every second thursday i try going through. . shot gentz

Last edited by yogesh (2012-04-01 19:32:04)

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

@ yogesh - i dont race at the thursday scene. o's drive like A$$holes there.

i would however not mind having a private hookup on another weekday.

Mr should be out by month end. then need to run it in. i'd love to run after that. no prob at all  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2

Its not your top speed that counts but how quick u get to it...
05 - XRSi - 118WKW (Reef) - 15.7 @ Tarlton - 3.12.2010

01 - MR2 Turbo - 253KW ATF (Reef) - 14.4 @ Tarlton - 18.11.2011 - new time TBC

06 - Tuna 4x4
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/Diesel111/sig2_zpsm60s5g3e.jpg

Die$eL wrote:

@ yogesh - i dont race at the thursday scene. o's drive like A$$holes there.

i would however not mind having a private hookup on another weekday.

Mr should be out by month end. then need to run it in. i'd love to run after that. no prob at all  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2

yeah true in the beginning it was very civilized now i dont know what happened.

and sure man that would be awesome, will call raj and afew others for a pvt hookup. you just let me know.

what happened to your MR ?

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

rod through the block

busy rebuilding at the moment.
should be out by month end

dropping compression and increasing boost. (u still sure u wanna run?)  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil

06 - Tuna 4x4

OOOUUUCCCCH!!! hope its better then before.

. .YES i definitely do still wana run.

And yeah shhhit gotta replace back engine mount too and installing my intake in 2 weeks aswell.

so by end of this month i should be running! and you too i hope, , , ,should set a date thereafter. . . but you let me know when and where  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/tongue  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/tongue  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil

Last edited by yogesh (2012-04-04 02:57:52)

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

oooh this is great.....We gonna size up that GTi Yogs!  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing

Good luck with the rest of that rebuild Die$el........keep us updated.

Launching that MR2 with a set of semi's and have the back twist to the side is one of the best feelings.....u'l experience that again soon.    ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil

Corolla RXi 20v Blacktop                    87 RSi 4AGE 16v "DBN Stock"- 282Wkw @ 1.8 bar
TRD 0.8mm Head Gasket                   Turbonetics 0.63 A/R T3/T4 turbocharger
Yoshimura 270 cams                         Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
TODA valve Springs                          Built ZE 8.9 bottom end, ARP, FMIC
63mm Exhaust                                 Boost Cooler, Full Management

PM me for all 9000RPM Stickers, T-shirts,Caps
Legends Never Die....They are just Reborn with BooSt
                                   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/twincamsam/10a4_3_resize_resize_resize.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/twincamsam/3supras.jpg

Yip Sam, i'm Really missing that!!!!

Dont have semi's though. Need a set. Anyone wanna go half with me? we buy 2 x 17's with semi's
only gonna use it at the track so dont wanna buy a set

Update on the build - Head is ready, just waiting for the engineers to finish the block. My mac was in an accident so progress has slowed now.

06 - Tuna 4x4

TwincamSam wrote:

oooh this is great.....We gonna size up that GTi Yogs!  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing

Good luck with the rest of that rebuild Die$el........keep us updated.

Launching that MR2 with a set of semi's and have the back twist to the side is one of the best feelings.....u'l experience that again soon.    ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil

lol WE ? you also coming through ?

Last edited by yogesh (2012-04-10 16:15:37)

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

and be nice to the gti! she is fragile! lol

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE