Topic: 20v Branch on a 7AFE

Hi Guys,


I have a std corolla 180i Gse, 7afe, but now my manifold is cracked. So my question is, will a 20v Branch and downpipe fit onto my existing engine?

Iv been told that i need to cut of one of the edges and then slot the rest in?
Can it be done?

1996 Toyota Corolla 180i Gse
Profit 57mm Free-Flow Exhaust
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx317/HBK180i_GSE/bf_sig.jpg
Club Owner
www.toyotaaddix.co.za

Re: 20v Branch on a 7AFE

../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/ermm Don't waste your time put viper branch and downpipe

Re: 20v Branch on a 7AFE

HBK180i_GSE wrote:

Hi Guys,


I have a std corolla 180i Gse, 7afe, but now my manifold is cracked. So my question is, will a 20v Branch and downpipe fit onto my existing engine?

Iv been told that i need to cut of one of the edges and then slot the rest in?
Can it be done?

it may fit but you need to do some mild modifications in terms of the flange going to the exhaust ports of the 7afe head; however if the cost will be the same as getting an aftermarket one i think changing to a viper branch would be more practical and may give more gains rather doing some modifications from a 20v header.. IMO

Re: 20v Branch on a 7AFE

got this branch and downpipe for a bargain..
Does it give actual gains or improve performance?
New branches are just so expensive atm so i figured why not lol ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile

1996 Toyota Corolla 180i Gse
Profit 57mm Free-Flow Exhaust
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx317/HBK180i_GSE/bf_sig.jpg
Club Owner
www.toyotaaddix.co.za

Re: 20v Branch on a 7AFE

snowflakes wrote:
HBK180i_GSE wrote:

Hi Guys,


I have a std corolla 180i Gse, 7afe, but now my manifold is cracked. So my question is, will a 20v Branch and downpipe fit onto my existing engine?

Iv been told that i need to cut of one of the edges and then slot the rest in?
Can it be done?

it may fit but you need to do some mild modifications in terms of the flange going to the exhaust ports of the 7afe head; however if the cost will be the same as getting an aftermarket one i think changing to a viper branch would be more practical and may give more gains rather doing some modifications from a 20v header.. IMO

i see.. well it will give you gains for the branches of the 20v are designed for their performance but offcourse dont expect much to it if you are to compare it to a real aftermarket branch;)

Re: 20v Branch on a 7AFE

snowflakes wrote:
snowflakes wrote:
HBK180i_GSE wrote:

Hi Guys,


I have a std corolla 180i Gse, 7afe, but now my manifold is cracked. So my question is, will a 20v Branch and downpipe fit onto my existing engine?

Iv been told that i need to cut of one of the edges and then slot the rest in?
Can it be done?

it may fit but you need to do some mild modifications in terms of the flange going to the exhaust ports of the 7afe head; however if the cost will be the same as getting an aftermarket one i think changing to a viper branch would be more practical and may give more gains rather doing some modifications from a 20v header.. IMO

i see.. well it will give you gains for the branches of the 20v are designed for their performance but offcourse dont expect much to it if you are to compare it to a real aftermarket branch;)

lol, brilliant and practical answer

97' Corolla  RSi 20v w 60mm ITB 4AGE 128kw,184nm  Stock GTI Killer (EX)
94' Corolla 180 GSX  Baby Cam   7AFE   98kw,108nm (EX) 
11' Corolla 160 VVT-I Advance 1ZRFAE 98Kw,160nm (Current)
02' Corolla 160i GL             to be dynoed 4AFE  ? kW,?nm  Recession Fighter Repsold Racing Developments (Current)
84' Corolla 130 GL    Baby Cres Sedan 4K-B  48 kw,97nm      Old School Rolla  in Progress (Current)
84' Corolla 160 GL    Baby Cres P.Van 4AGE  ? kw,?nm      Old School Rolla in Progress (Current)

                                                  IF YOUR TOO OPEN MINDED YOUR BRAINS WILL FALL OUT.

Re: 20v Branch on a 7AFE

The branch wont fit, the spacing on the ports are different between the FE's and the GE's.
I managed to find a tubular OE manifold for the 4/7AFE that looks like the std 20v one.
I compared it with the 20V one but there is a big difference between 2 of the exhaust ports.
I think for the money you have to spend to make it fit wont be worth it, rather fit a branch.

Re: 20v Branch on a 7AFE

A friend tried to fit it on to a 4afe but it does not match up, also da 180 block is longer so you can't use the down pipe,

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af34/xploding/Tazz_resize.jpg
ODR Tuned - 114hp
2001 Tazz(4age 16v stage1 conversion)-90wKw and 141NM- Auto TriX
Speed Shop = 137.4BHP AT 7500RPM and 147.3NM
RunX RSi old spec 128kw ATW Rally cross and Auto Trix
2008 Polo TDi 9N3 74kw 240nm