Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

Lee cnt take you any where diggn the ows what ladat!!! Let's not dis the X reliabilty end of the day its toyota and they not known for buildn 'weak' cars

98'' rolla blacktop rsi
tuned by astral motors

thats true about me digging and toyotas...high compression engine with a turbo slapped on it will still be reliable at o.5bar boost

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

True that guys.

I owned an X before. and never had a problem with reliability.
End of the day its a toyota...how can it not be reliable. lol

98 Tazz (ex)
06 Xrsi_exhaust_130WKW(ex)
06 TR MK5 GTi_235BHP on the wheels(ex)

10 CW MK6 GTi (Current) _ 248wkw 484nm

lunatic wrote:

Lee cnt take you any where diggn the ows what ladat!!! Let's not dis the X reliabilty end of the day its toyota and they not known for buildn 'weak' cars

+1

Lee is king digger ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing

98 Tazz (ex)

Last I remember this forum is for love of toyota and all jap cars ..so how is it now! That you have a golof all of a sudden the runX is weak? Tunes have changed huh nva realy heard you tok about the car being weak when you had it

98'' rolla blacktop rsi
tuned by astral motors

lol heavy digging happening now

Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Ay right is right!!! In actual fact the ows should giv the X respect for normaly aspirated it can still box well with the big doggs !

98'' rolla blacktop rsi
tuned by astral motors

thats y owes have a prob with it coz the runx is a fairly decent price compared to their overpriced cars which get beaten

HAHA the lunatic is here. finished for the owes. lol ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing

Even lee parking dom now ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing

98 Tazz (ex)

C ty boi is sharp he getn a another X to supercharge isn't isn't

98'' rolla blacktop rsi
tuned by astral motors

ya lunatic n i takin shifts

@lunatic... yah and you sponsoring the build ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2

98 Tazz (ex)

You get me my lsd and do my build I'll get you the supercharger

98'' rolla blacktop rsi
tuned by astral motors

rajiv wrote:

lol

Ya Yogesh ... il only show up there around 10pm anyway.
we can vy for a spin ... i wana vy in that GTi too ....
where you doing intake??

im still deciding when ill do the intake at FRC ofcourse bru,

for sure i will see you there then will bbm.  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

lunatic wrote:

Ay right is right!!! In actual fact the ows should giv the X respect for normaly aspirated it can still box well with the big doggs !

box with which big doggs ? your poodle in your back yard ? ?

lol

just kidding guys. dont get all emotional now, i didnt say the X was a k@k i owned one bacause i like it and was a good car, but personal experience i decided to opt for something else. whats so wrong with that ?

AS FOR a GTI being made out of plastic ? lee ill show u mine when im down i assure you it aint plastic lol, maybe you saw a golf 1 ? hehe

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

lol golf1 made from tin can...its not made from plastic...it gives me a plastic feel...my choice

2zz-Spook wrote:

Lol no man the polo just felt better to drive and was nippy...both the polo n g5 r plain n plastic. I only bort the car cos I need 1 urgently that had some power ...I wudnt have bort it if I didn't write my car off

plain and plastic  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/blink  you can't be serious!
if you are ever in the umhlanga area please pm me and show me where you will find plain plastic on a GTi.

RunX RSi is a good car but comparing it ergonomically and aesthetically to a GTi is a no brainer.
Stock for stock and mod for mod the RSi stands no chance against a BWA GTi.

They may give the AXX models a bit of stick but not the BWA.

ChrisC did run a few X's on this forum when he had phase 1 on his polo. I will ask him to comment assuming he is still not band on this forum.

Like i said polo's with software, cooler and d/p only have run 13.7 on the 1/4 mile. Are we to argue with a sanctioned MSA time?

a turbo car is different from a n/a...its very easy to get power out of a turbo car, yet a n/a is very hard to do that.

if url want a fair run against a turbo car, i got a lotus 2.0l T lancia if url wana run...

nah it wasnt about wanting to dice or anything from my side bru,

both cars are f!cking awesome man! and actually now that i think of it they are in different classes,

for instance one thing i know bring any N/A 1.8 vs the XRSI you got no chance! the RSI will rip you a new one.

lol i do disagree with the plastic part though. . . .

polo gti is a good car aswell i owned a polo tdi close enough i think, it was kinda too small for me though, and like spook says too much power in that small thing not so lekker.

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

yogesh wrote:

nah it wasnt about wanting to dice or anything from my side bru,

both cars are f!cking awesome man! and actually now that i think of it they are in different classes,

for instance one thing i know bring any N/A 1.8 vs the XRSI you got no chance! the RSI will rip you a new one.

lol i do disagree with the plastic part though. . . .

polo gti is a good car aswell i owned a polo tdi close enough i think, it was kinda too small for me though, and like spook says too much power in that small thing not so lekker.

we should meet up when you are in durban, pm when you are around

for sure i will man

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

yogesh wrote:
lunatic wrote:

box with which big doggs ? your poodle in your back yard ? ?
lol

just kidding guys. dont get all emotional now, i didnt say the X was a k@k i owned one bacause i like it and was a good car, but personal experience i decided to opt for something else. whats so wrong with that ?

AS FOR a GTI being made out of plastic ? lee ill show u mine when im down i assure you it aint plastic lol, maybe you saw a golf 1 ? hehe

Just for a word...
This owe has 2 pitbulls in his back yard ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing

Last edited by Ty.RSi (2012-01-12 07:54:00)

98 Tazz (ex)

I agree 100%

Why cant guys just give the X the Credit and Recognition that is due.

Veez
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad62/SWTLIFE-ZN/DSC_2649_zpsa0ca4c79.jpg
'07 RunX //TRD
'99 Corolla 160i GLE
'71 VW Beetle 1600 TwinPort

Funny when 'SOME' guys owned the x... it was running with worked g5's.
If you search their race tales.. there are huge debates with them backing the X..
but now that their branding has changed, and the wind is blowing in a new direction like their bank account.. so are their opinions.

Simple terms, g5 is a top turbo charged car, X is a top n/a car... its fun to put one against the other with 'reasonable' mods.

X has a very reliable engine... maybe the mac needed to be changed.. lol

Looks like the only reasonable person in this thread to have a discussion with abt the g5 is Tyke.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii280/so_nawty/wup.jpg

claps hand for kritz