Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

xploding-TwinCam wrote:

i wont lie but,but yes they fast, my good friend, had a 132kw G4 and he had all the bolt on's and made close to 190kw and the best  he got was low 14s,maybe he could dip into the 13s but he could drive hes car very well,
my point is, that polo needed more then phase one for sure to give the X a run,and even pull infront on 3rd,
being a owner of a x and a G5 gti,knowing them well.and even raced a cpi polo a few months ago that had for sure phase1 and my GF driving her X with xhaust and cai gave it a good gap, she could tap of, wait for it , let him pass and put it down catch and pass him,
and that polo had an xhaust and big cpi stickers on it,
point is, this polo must hav had a little more then phase1


This is such garbage! I had a Runx Rsi fully worked as well. . . . and a CPI polo i dont think so, maybe you would win by a bumper or so. but lets not exaggerate here now. . .

as For the GTI with phase pushing 180 something kw thats impossible lol, you went to a dyno that was high dronk and on xtc all at the same time. . . .

i personally think all round the Golf 5 gti is a way way better faster and better built car then the Runx, HOWEVER! i do miss my Runx alot and i will say that hands down it was way more sportier then the G5.

and lol lets not forget that i owned a runx rsi before so whoever want to come with ridiculous stories should put it down on the road and prove a point, thurday night i finish work at 10pm. . . .lets meet my baby is dying for a few runs as well. would be nice to test the ''strong X's'' here in jozi. . .

hehe RAJ we mus meet up again man, where you hiding.

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

xploding-TwinCam wrote:

i wont lie but,but yes they fast, my good friend, had a 132kw G4 and he had all the bolt on's and made close to 190kw and the best  he got was low 14s,maybe he could dip into the 13s but he could drive hes car very well,
my point is, that polo needed more then phase one for sure to give the X a run,and even pull infront on 3rd,
being a owner of a x and a G5 gti,knowing them well.and even raced a cpi polo a few months ago that had for sure phase1 and my GF driving her X with xhaust and cai gave it a good gap, she could tap of, wait for it , let him pass and put it down catch and pass him,
and that polo had an xhaust and big cpi stickers on it,
point is, this polo must hav had a little more then phase1


This is such garbage! I had a Runx Rsi fully worked as well. . . . and a CPI polo i dont think so, maybe you would win by a bumper or so. but lets not exaggerate here now. . .

as For the GTI with phase pushing 180 something kw thats impossible lol, you went to a dyno that was high dronk and on xtc all at the same time. . . .

i personally think all round the Golf 5 gti is a way way better faster and better built car then the Runx, HOWEVER! i do miss my Runx alot and i will say that hands down it was way more sportier then the G5.

and lol lets not forget that i owned a runx rsi before so whoever want to come with ridiculous stories should put it down on the road and prove a point, thurday night i finish work at 10pm. . . .lets meet my baby is dying for a few runs as well. would be nice to test the ''strong X's'' here in jozi. . .

hehe RAJ we mus meet up again man, where you hiding.

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

my gti had alot of work on it. lucky i sold it tho..it was junk...and wasnt reliable.
180kw on the fly and not wheels

Last edited by 2zz-Spook (2012-01-09 15:08:06)

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

GTI - AKA,Very stylish gaanda gaanda.

../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink Old Toyota'$ Never Die, They ju$t get Twincam Engine$ and Fly.. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

2zz-Spook wrote:

my gti had alot of work on it. lucky i sold it tho..it was junk...and wasnt reliable.
180kw on the fly and not wheels


and where did you get this flywheel reading from exactly ? because Dyno's only give wheel power ? and not flywheel quotes.

polo gti  ? old spec with 180kw ? you must have have had a shiiiiiit lot of modz on it. . .

lol thats strange also because i feel that my Runx wasnt reliable at all, but then again i had alota modz on that too, i guess the more one modifies a car you can pretty much kiss a little bit of reliability goodbye each time,

i knw the guys here in jozi most of the Runx rsi's are breaking and even 20 veez, break like easily. maybe the atmosphere lol

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

not all dynos give wheel power yogesh...

i did have alot of mods on my gti...and i was running 1.5Bar boost! that shd say something

my trd is very reliable , just small parts that r due to wear needs to be replaced....head ur fuel pump broke on the g5

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

1.5 bar is jus the software that boosted it up to that i think.

yeah man when i did the cam follower service the guys didnt put the engine cover back properly so on hard take off the sensor for the fuel pump was hitting the cover, and the sensore got stuffed, took it back though lol they fitted a new fuel pump for free, and engine mouting inserts also for better launch and no wheel spin

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

i had 63mm zorst with 76mm downpipe.. forge DV..CPI software. bigger injectors and intake...

ay what a lucj u hit

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

2zz-Spook wrote:

i had 63mm zorst with 76mm downpipe.. forge DV..CPI software. bigger injectors and intake...

ay what a lucj u hit


lol my auncle is the owner of FRC, he called me the morning to ask how the car was going funny enough, and then i told him its strange he called this is what happen so he foned the guy managing the shop and told him to keep the things ready for when i pull through.

the sensor was only stufffed but he said just put a new one one time and i found out that thing is lik 5grand for the pump. atleast i didnt have to wait for a week for VW to order and fit you know how long they take,

im gonna go do the intake when i have time

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

yogesh wrote:
2zz-Spook wrote:

i had 63mm zorst with 76mm downpipe.. forge DV..CPI software. bigger injectors and intake...

ay what a lucj u hit


lol my auncle is the owner of FRC, he called me the morning to ask how the car was going funny enough, and then i told him its strange he called this is what happen so he foned the guy managing the shop and told him to keep the things ready for when i pull through.

the sensor was only stufffed but he said just put a new one one time and i found out that thing is lik 5grand for the pump. atleast i didnt have to wait for a week for VW to order and fit you know how long they take,

im gonna go do the intake when i have time


I also have an 07 GTi, what power are you making?
Currently have d/p, exhaust and factory software. Did a power run at Experience / APR and the car pushed 171.6kw atf / 230hp. That dyno read flywheel power  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2

1.5 bar on a 1.8T is asking for quick death of the turbo and internals. They are very strong motors and can take a beating but that boost for everyday driving is hectic and the motor will take a strain.

You also blame the brand for the failure of the motor but you obviously pushed it beyond the design capabilities and CPi software is brutal.

Last edited by tyke (2012-01-10 14:15:15)

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

Yogesh ... im here im here ... Thursday come Samrand. Got some good runs for you!

Also, my cab fixed now ... So we loss the passengers and hit a downhill run there!
would be nice to gauge  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff366/rajiv_/Sig1.jpg
~half loaf white bread is better than 1 loaf brown bread~

-03' RunX RSi (ex)
-07' RunX TRD - Supercharged (ex)
-02' MKIII MR2 - 2zzge
-14' BMW F20 116i - Daily drive

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

my 2cent, you cant compair the G5 and G6 to the polo, different motors, but the G4 and polo engines are very close,point was before, a X with exhaust is very strong, a polo GTi should have more then just software to give it a run, so thats why i think it had d/p or water meth or intake,
it needs to jump from 110kw to around 140kw to run with a X or infront, and im sure software will give you 130kw

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af34/xploding/Tazz_resize.jpg
ODR Tuned - 114hp
2001 Tazz(4age 16v stage1 conversion)-90wKw and 141NM- Auto TriX
Speed Shop = 137.4BHP AT 7500RPM and 147.3NM
RunX RSi old spec 128kw ATW Rally cross and Auto Trix
2008 Polo TDi 9N3 74kw 240nm

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

just a remap will on polo gti will give it gti r power...with intake zorst downpipe and stage 2 software will see much more.


vw compared to toyota, i have alot of mods on mine n i take it to the limit everyday, a vw boosted will not be that reliable

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

hey tyke whatsup man,

all i have done is the downpipe and software, wana do the intake soon,

power figures currently are 205 hp on the wheels and 308nm  torque on the wheels as well.

these are the power figures that i am pushing on the wheels, and oh i just saw now those where your flywheel quotes!

software will be your next step bru, you will make top power!

Last edited by yogesh (2012-01-10 15:36:59)

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

xploding-TwinCam wrote:

my 2cent, you cant compair the G5 and G6 to the polo, different motors, but the G4 and polo engines are very close,point was before, a X with exhaust is very strong, a polo GTi should have more then just software to give it a run, so thats why i think it had d/p or water meth or intake,
it needs to jump from 110kw to around 140kw to run with a X or infront, and im sure software will give you 130kw


a runx rsi does not have 140kw btw, it pushes far less on the wheels and like wise with the polo but the difference is that the polo and g4 will be much closer to flywheel quote then a N/A

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

2zz-Spook wrote:

just a remap will on polo gti will give it gti r power...with intake zorst downpipe and stage 2 software will see much more.


vw compared to toyota, i have alot of mods on mine n i take it to the limit everyday, a vw boosted will not be that reliable


my VW is boosted and is way way more reliable then my X,

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

rajiv wrote:

Yogesh ... im here im here ... Thursday come Samrand. Got some good runs for you!

Also, my cab fixed now ... So we loss the passengers and hit a downhill run there!
would be nice to gauge  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink


hey raj you on, lol but only after 10 if you still around, im happy to hear the X is up and running, you have to take me for a spin, forgot what lift feels lik  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/sad  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/sad  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/sad  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/sad

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

u bort a faulty x yogesh...g5 gti is not 147kw also

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

yeah g5 gti for example is not 147kw on the wheels and neither is a X.

and nope it wasnt faulty bru, the engines are too weak and i didnt have the time to wait to strenghten it up with aftermarkets valves etc. . . .

dont get me wrong i aint dissing the X, initially my options was g5 or X and i chose the X but after owning it and owning the g5 you cant compare i prefer the gti,

as for the polo gti they are a waste of time and money u should have got a g5 gti you wouldnt be saying the things you said bout the gti about the 5 gti trust me,

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

i drove the g5 gti and the polo gti before i bort it and i didnt realy like the g5...looks r too plain also and it doesnt stand out like an X

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

2zz-Spook wrote:

i drove the g5 gti and the polo gti before i bort it and i didnt realy like the g5...looks r too plain also and it doesnt stand out like an X


thats a b0lz thing to say and you know it, lol so you honestly telling me then a polo gti looks better and interior and features wise is better then the golf 5 gti ?

lol i need to take you to the optometrist then bru

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

Lol no man the polo just felt better to drive and was nippy...both the polo n g5 r plain n plastic. I only bort the car cos I need 1 urgently that had some power ...I wudnt have bort it if I didn't write my car off

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

2zz-Spook wrote:

Lol no man the polo just felt better to drive and was nippy...both the polo n g5 r plain n plastic. I only bort the car cos I need 1 urgently that had some power ...I wudnt have bort it if I didn't write my car off


Hahah G5 and X speeches are up again ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing..... Dig Lee Dig ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2

98 Tazz (ex)
06 Xrsi_exhaust_130WKW(ex)
06 TR MK5 GTi_235BHP on the wheels(ex)

10 CW MK6 GTi (Current) _ 248wkw 484nm

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

lol ty u digger...

just tell them how my car runs against urz

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

lol

Ya Yogesh ... il only show up there around 10pm anyway.
we can vy for a spin ... i wana vy in that GTi too ....
where you doing intake??

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff366/rajiv_/Sig1.jpg
~half loaf white bread is better than 1 loaf brown bread~

-03' RunX RSi (ex)
-07' RunX TRD - Supercharged (ex)
-02' MKIII MR2 - 2zzge
-14' BMW F20 116i - Daily drive