Topic: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

Posting this coz I need some ideas also...was driving home with the vrou and see this polo gti sitting on my bumper...he overtook and I chased...hit some traffic and again he overtook so did I...was in 2nd...sat with him from 2nd till start of 5th so was doing over 200...I decided to miss I turn I go all the way...got to the end of the road where I decided to make a u turn, guy hooted and see him also make a u turn(on this stretch of road, you could easily get 240 if you want/can)...so now we could  test from take off...

1st - were together
2nd - same result
3rd - confused coz he opened like half a car
4th - i caught him again

had to stop for traffic....gave me hazards again and I turned off

I had a few pulls with a few G5's and a polo gti before but expected to pass the guy atleast on 3rd...so what im asking is...is this normal or could he have had software or something?

Ex : CTI 92 (276cam and xhorst)
Ex : 318is 96 (E36)
Ex : 323i  96 (E36)
Ex : RSI 20v 96
Ex: XRSI 03 Powerflow 63mm and Motorcade 149.6kw 186nm

Current:
20v RSI 98 with 63mm Powerflow

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

His definitely got something done, if it's the new polo gti then it's possible, but I raced the old polo gti with my 20 in jozi and 1, 2 we together, from 3rd I opened 2-3 cars on it, this was a stock polo gti.

94 160i sprinter ex (missed dearly)
2000 rxi:)

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

il tell you, water meth.xhaust, intake, software and maybe bigger internals on the turbo. did you see small flames from it?
he should be making around 150kw to 160kw

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af34/xploding/Tazz_resize.jpg
ODR Tuned - 114hp
2001 Tazz(4age 16v stage1 conversion)-90wKw and 141NM- Auto TriX
Speed Shop = 137.4BHP AT 7500RPM and 147.3NM
RunX RSi old spec 128kw ATW Rally cross and Auto Trix
2008 Polo TDi 9N3 74kw 240nm

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

xploding-TwinCam wrote:

il tell you, water meth.xhaust, intake, software and maybe bigger internals on the turbo. did you see small flames from it?
he should be making around 150kw to 160kw

Didn't notice bro...but he was running pretty well...mus look for that guy n ask him...thanks

Ex : CTI 92 (276cam and xhorst)
Ex : 318is 96 (E36)
Ex : 323i  96 (E36)
Ex : RSI 20v 96
Ex: XRSI 03 Powerflow 63mm and Motorcade 149.6kw 186nm

Current:
20v RSI 98 with 63mm Powerflow

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

Gud run there buddy, if the new one it might of had software becoz in Jozi it runs in the 14's on a 1/4 which is pretty fast, and if the old one then it must of had alot of work done.  Dude I think u did very well against it becoz those things modded are very fast.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff305/Dhunda-man/Hondacivics1.jpghttp://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff305/Dhunda-man/Engineside-2-1.jpg
Honda Type R Champ.
Honda Spiderman V-tec(Ballade)
Silver V-tec(coupe')B20

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

Spider-man wrote:

Gud run there buddy, if the new one it might of had software becoz in Jozi it runs in the 14's on a 1/4 which is pretty fast, and if the old one then it must of had alot of work done.  Dude I think u did very well against it becoz those things modded are very fast.

Lets hope he did have work done and I dnt have a slow ass X!! ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing

Ex : CTI 92 (276cam and xhorst)
Ex : 318is 96 (E36)
Ex : 323i  96 (E36)
Ex : RSI 20v 96
Ex: XRSI 03 Powerflow 63mm and Motorcade 149.6kw 186nm

Current:
20v RSI 98 with 63mm Powerflow

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

At altitude the polo gti's run high 15s to low 16s. Remember you are at altitude. If you didn't pull away on the top then he definitely has a stage one software at the very least. If it was stage two and above he would have given you a huge gap. Ko3 polo gtis's with stock turbos are running high 13s here in durban. Shouldn't be much different in jhb.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s58/muzikh24/DSCF00455.jpg

Living life in Vtec is just dangerous

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile nice run! lol.

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/NaeemV/10052010175edit2.jpg
05 xrsi
NN stock
../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/tongue  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/tongue
>-NeMo->

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

Cranked wrote:

At altitude the polo gti's run high 15s to low 16s. Remember you are at altitude. If you didn't pull away on the top then he definitely has a stage one software at the very least. If it was stage two and above he would have given you a huge gap. Ko3 polo gtis's with stock turbos are running high 13s here in durban. Shouldn't be much different in jhb.

Yes u rite Cranked, I saw a new polo run close to a 13.1 with semi'z and not to mention all the mods like down pipe and software and so on. But I have 1 friend in a old shape polo with upgrades ran a 13.8, on a manual box.
So my friend do not feel bad u are N/A and he has a turbo and he could not pull out from u and u still caught on 4th. Ur car is fast man.

Last edited by Spider-man (2012-01-04 10:36:26)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff305/Dhunda-man/Hondacivics1.jpghttp://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff305/Dhunda-man/Engineside-2-1.jpg
Honda Type R Champ.
Honda Spiderman V-tec(Ballade)
Silver V-tec(coupe')B20

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

Nice run bro! Friend of mine with a stock manual PGTi 110kw, ran a 15.6 at tarlton, it was a strong car. I ran in front of him a couple times. Catch one of them with a stg1+ n you would be in trouble lol they pull from loooow down! X would only stand a chance at d coast.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff366/rajiv_/Sig1.jpg
~half loaf white bread is better than 1 loaf brown bread~

-03' RunX RSi (ex)
-07' RunX TRD - Supercharged (ex)
-02' MKIII MR2 - 2zzge
-14' BMW F20 116i - Daily drive

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

So you did well!

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff366/rajiv_/Sig1.jpg
~half loaf white bread is better than 1 loaf brown bread~

-03' RunX RSi (ex)
-07' RunX TRD - Supercharged (ex)
-02' MKIII MR2 - 2zzge
-14' BMW F20 116i - Daily drive

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

if it was a new spec polo, it would not need software to take out a Runx. That car easily runs infront of bigger capacity cars.

Last edited by tyke (2012-01-05 14:01:10)

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

xploding-TwinCam wrote:

il tell you, water meth.xhaust, intake, software and maybe bigger internals on the turbo. did you see small flames from it?
he should be making around 150kw to 160kw


if he had all that you think he had then the polo would have cremated that RunX.
Polo's in Durban with just cooler, software and intake run 13.7.
If it had water meth and KO4 it would have run very low 13's or high 12's with slicks.

The polo in this race tale most definately had phase 1 if you ran in durban

Last edited by tyke (2012-01-05 14:02:36)

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

tyke wrote:
xploding-TwinCam wrote:

il tell you, water meth.xhaust, intake, software and maybe bigger internals on the turbo. did you see small flames from it?
he should be making around 150kw to 160kw


if he had all that you think he had then the polo would have cremated that RunX.
Polo's in Durban with just cooler, software and intake run 13.7.
If it had water meth and KO4 it would have run very low 13's or high 12's with slicks.

The polo in this race tale most definately had phase 1 if you ran in durban

I think you very wrong, with phase one a X will kill a polo gTi, its 110kw, with phase one it will be around 132kw, a 20v kills a G4 gti 132kw, and btw ko4 G6 gti with full bolt on mods and very fine tuning, does low 13s and now they in the 12s, also the polo has the smaller of the ko3 turbo's, so you won't get a lot more gains out of it,
Oh and yes, a 132kw G4 gti, with phase 1 will run in front of a X and not by much, so sorry I think you very mistaken,

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af34/xploding/Tazz_resize.jpg
ODR Tuned - 114hp
2001 Tazz(4age 16v stage1 conversion)-90wKw and 141NM- Auto TriX
Speed Shop = 137.4BHP AT 7500RPM and 147.3NM
RunX RSi old spec 128kw ATW Rally cross and Auto Trix
2008 Polo TDi 9N3 74kw 240nm

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

xploding-TwinCam wrote:
tyke wrote:
xploding-TwinCam wrote:

il tell you, water meth.xhaust, intake, software and maybe bigger internals on the turbo. did you see small flames from it?
he should be making around 150kw to 160kw


if he had all that you think he had then the polo would have cremated that RunX.
Polo's in Durban with just cooler, software and intake run 13.7.
If it had water meth and KO4 it would have run very low 13's or high 12's with slicks.

The polo in this race tale most definately had phase 1 if you ran in durban

I think you very wrong, with phase one a X will kill a polo gTi, its 110kw, with phase one it will be around 132kw, a 20v kills a G4 gti 132kw, and btw ko4 G6 gti with full bolt on mods and very fine tuning, does low 13s and now they in the 12s, also the polo has the smaller of the ko3 turbo's, so you won't get a lot more gains out of it,
Oh and yes, a 132kw G4 gti, with phase 1 will run in front of a X and not by much, so sorry I think you very mistaken,

I am not going to argue with you but if you saw the times the stock turbo polo's and seats ran then you would know the potential of the 1.8T motor. I had an Audi 1.8T with phase 1 and ran infront of 20V's and X's here at the coast.

Chris and Varshan ran 14.1 and 13.7 on stock KO3 turbos. Seats have run low 13's (Marcus) on stock turbos as well. Stock for stock a RunX will take out the older polo GTi's, not the TSi's tho.
And G6's with KO4 have run very low 12's after the software had more development.

Like i said i do not want to argue and could care less about whats faster, its just good to give credit where its due.

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

Remember the Polo GTi's & Golf GTi's all have Turbo's

So like Tyke says, give credit where it's due, win or lose....... X ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/smile

Veez
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad62/SWTLIFE-ZN/DSC_2649_zpsa0ca4c79.jpg
'07 RunX //TRD
'99 Corolla 160i GLE
'71 VW Beetle 1600 TwinPort

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

i wont lie but,but yes they fast, my good friend, had a 132kw G4 and he had all the bolt on's and made close to 190kw and the best  he got was low 14s,maybe he could dip into the 13s but he could drive hes car very well,
my point is, that polo needed more then phase one for sure to give the X a run,and even pull infront on 3rd,
being a owner of a x and a G5 gti,knowing them well.and even raced a cpi polo a few months ago that had for sure phase1 and my GF driving her X with xhaust and cai gave it a good gap, she could tap of, wait for it , let him pass and put it down catch and pass him,
and that polo had an xhaust and big cpi stickers on it,
point is, this polo must hav had a little more then phase1

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af34/xploding/Tazz_resize.jpg
ODR Tuned - 114hp
2001 Tazz(4age 16v stage1 conversion)-90wKw and 141NM- Auto TriX
Speed Shop = 137.4BHP AT 7500RPM and 147.3NM
RunX RSi old spec 128kw ATW Rally cross and Auto Trix
2008 Polo TDi 9N3 74kw 240nm

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

xploding-TwinCam wrote:

i wont lie but,but yes they fast, my good friend, had a 132kw G4 and he had all the bolt on's and made close to 190kw and the best  he got was low 14s,maybe he could dip into the 13s but he could drive hes car very well,
my point is, that polo needed more then phase one for sure to give the X a run,and even pull infront on 3rd,
being a owner of a x and a G5 gti,knowing them well.and even raced a cpi polo a few months ago that had for sure phase1 and my GF driving her X with xhaust and cai gave it a good gap, she could tap of, wait for it , let him pass and put it down catch and pass him,
and that polo had an xhaust and big cpi stickers on it,
point is, this polo must hav had a little more then phase1


The polo Gti's heat soak easily if they don't have a front mount cooler. My Audi with the AUM motor and KO3s turbo with phase 1 map and full exhaust ran infront of a good few X's.

I currently have a 07 GTi which as it stands with stock software, d/p and zorst pushes out a healthy 171.6kw's. It was run on the topsport dyno previously and pushed 184kw's but i suspect it may have over read.

CPi polo GTi's are very strong and seldom run behind. Your ladies X must be strong or the guy had a dead Polo, we will just accept the former argument and give credit to your lady ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

Last edited by tyke (2012-01-06 14:52:25)

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

Bru I had a polo gti with zorst downpipe intake and software. Runing 1.5bar boost. Used to take out g5 with software .

But stillvw is a shitty car

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

2zz-Spook wrote:

Bru I had a polo gti with zorst downpipe intake and software. Runing 1.5bar boost. Used to take out g5 with software .

But stillvw is a shitty car


you are entitled to your opinion  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

i had around 180kw....but still i will never buy a vw again..

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

2zz-Spook wrote:

i had around 180kw....but still i will never buy a vw again..


what happen to the car?

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

i sold it...as i said i dont like vw.

engine was getin damaged due to too high boost. was detonating nw n then

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

tyke wrote:
2zz-Spook wrote:

i had around 180kw....but still i will never buy a vw again..


what happen to the car?


Hahaha Spook madir you back to graaf 1st day and you digging the owes ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing sis.

Last edited by Ty.RSi (2012-01-09 14:35:45)

98 Tazz (ex)
06 Xrsi_exhaust_130WKW(ex)
06 TR MK5 GTi_235BHP on the wheels(ex)

10 CW MK6 GTi (Current) _ 248wkw 484nm

Re: Xrsi vs Polo GTI

lol ty u also...CPI software FTW

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg