Topic: XTRD Hammered by a G5 Gti

Driving in the fast lane of the  N2 on Saturday night (with my parents in the car) when a Red Golf 5 Gti comes from the left hand lane and sits on my bumper. Thought this to be a bit strange given that the two lanes to my left were empty. Anyway, I moved over to let the guy past but rather than passing he made it obvious he was interested in playing…..

I accelerated and passed him only to remember that one of those permanent cameras and had to slow down (By now my mother was about to have heart failure). Once past the camera I dropped to 3rd gear to find the rev counter needle just under the magic lift zone. Hit the lift range, revved through to 8000 rpm and changed to 4th but the Gti had left me as though I was standing still before we had to slow down for cars ahead…..

Little disheartening that I got such big carrots – not sure who was more upset – me or my mom.

Another quick story, my wife was using my car and was coming under some pressure form a tool in an unknown car (in true female fashion neither she nor her sister could say what car the guy was driving). The tool thought it was his opportunity to get ahead of my wife at the Tongaat toll gate – they entered the toll gate together and  the booms opened at the same time.

From what she and her sister told me, she gave this guy a big hiding before slowing down and letting him go. To quote my wife ‘…..your car is a beast when your rev her……’

Last edited by thujack (2011-09-14 17:19:00)

Re: XTRD Hammered by a G5 Gti

hey man

the G% was probrably worked dude, dont feel bad at all :-)

is yout X stock standard btw?

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

The Golf was probably worked as an X at the coast should stick with G5 GTI.

Dont feel bad, as you cannot compare Normal Aspirated with Turbo Charged

I agree, that is not a std GTi.

Nothing that a bit of Nitros can fix!

Turbo X

2003 Toyota RunX Rsi Turbo
Feature Car:
                Speed and Sound - issue 145
                Max My Ride – Issue 36
                Xclusivmodz
Power: 295wkw - 418nm
http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii523/Guseman/TurboRunX1-1.jpghttp://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii523/Guseman/TurboRunx2.jpg

Just one more thing, maybe you should let your wife do the driving / dicing! It seems like she is doing a better job than you! HAHA ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2

Turbo X

Feature Car:
                Max My Ride – Issue 36
                Xclusivmodz
http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii523/Guseman/TurboRunX1-1.jpghttp://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii523/Guseman/TurboRunx2.jpg

lma0 ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/biggrin2  @guseman

../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink Old Toyota'$ Never Die, They ju$t get Twincam Engine$ and Fly.. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool

i hammer the g5 with my stock X,quarter mile...bt soon gna be running them ryt through lol,ask yogesh why!

sashyboy wrote:

I highly doubt that. But ok  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/tongue

SEAT 2.0T CUPRA (170KW 410NM)
HONDA CIVIC VTEC (242KW 340NM)
MERCEDES C63 AMG (364KW 610NM)

Ex:
2007 CTR / 2011 Polo 6R / 2008 Astra OPC / 2008 Cupra TDi / 1998 Civic VTEC
1998 Corolla RSi / 1995 Ballade 150 / 1994 Tazz 130 / 1990 Golf 1

BFORKED wrote:
sashyboy wrote:

Honestly ekse....what are these ou's smoking...that weed is way strong there!

Mk1 8v T Golf.......Come and be humbled
177wkw and 328nm
209wkw and 393nm Nos
(dyno'd at Chaos Motorsport)

fjg1 wrote:
BFORKED wrote:
sashyboy wrote:

Honestly ekse....what are these ou's smoking...that weed is way strong there!

Lmao, Can only post on what I've seen as I've never ran a G5.

Nevertheless, if you dont like what I post then: F*K JOU!!

../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/whistling  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/whistling lol

../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink Old Toyota'$ Never Die, They ju$t get Twincam Engine$ and Fly.. ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/cool

Anybody driving a vw is smoking something!! Granny socks maybe!

By the way, my boet Gosse is staying with a G5 and that is in jhb!! G5 sucks!

Turbo X

Feature Car:
                Max My Ride – Issue 36
                Xclusivmodz

dont wory i got something for all the vw guys.. coming soon

2011 Alfa Romeo MIto QV Sport - 135kw & 301nm on the wheels
Race Chip Pro2, Magnetti Marelli Rear Diffuser, 76mm Downpipe, 63mm Twinport Exhaust,
Power Flex Bushes, Upgraded DRL Headlights, Full Custom Intake, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Wastegate & BOV.
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/spook20vt/IMG-20131104-00493_zpsf5b0a3dc.jpg

Me tooooooo!!

Turbo X

Feature Car:
                Max My Ride – Issue 36
                Xclusivmodz

Same track, same day a G5 DSG best time beat my best time with only 0.14 sec....
I ran him the same day, and won....     ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing

If I had a 2.0L turbocharged car and I'm struggling to outrun N.A. X's and TEC's - I will get matches and set the car on fire...    ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil     ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil

Not impressed with G5 at all.....     ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/whistling

X-TRD

Killed a G5 one sunday afternoon with my Turbo X at .4 bar boost. We diced from 130kmh, when I got to 190 he was very small in my mirrors! The guy came nex to me again, and showed me we must go again, idiot, got hammered again!

Turbo X

Feature Car:
                Max My Ride – Issue 36
                Xclusivmodz

gud, dril those gti madirz. Il b joining url soon. I hope 8o

rsi-injen.com wrote:

i hammer the g5 with my stock X,quarter mile...bt soon gna be running them ryt through lol,ask yogesh why!

LOL im lost brother ? . . . why hehe ?

i hammer them already  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing  with my lil sleeper and they have no idea wats popping . . . all they hear is loud exhaust and see toyo and think they gonna dominate. . . but not this N!GGa player!

oh and how i love it when they got their gf with them in the car  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink  ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/wink bet ya feel like a man now dont ye lmfao

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

Goose wrote:

Same track, same day a G5 DSG best time beat my best time with only 0.14 sec....
I ran him the same day, and won....     ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/laughing

If I had a 2.0L turbocharged car and I'm struggling to outrun N.A. X's and TEC's - I will get matches and set the car on fire...    ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil     ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/devil

Not impressed with G5 at all.....     ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/whistling

Yeah bud, you ran ONE G5 and beat it.
I beat my buddys SL65(which runs consistant 12.5's), too bad both his turbo's were damaged and needed replacing.
Can I really say that i'm not impressed SL65's????

Guseman wrote:

Killed a G5 one sunday afternoon with my Turbo X at .4 bar boost. We diced from 130kmh, when I got to 190 he was very small in my mirrors! The guy came nex to me again, and showed me we must go again, idiot, got hammered again!

In the time you picked up 60km/h, you managed to open such a big gap????
was he racing? or even moving?

Dre187 wrote:
Goose wrote:

I beat my buddys SL65(which runs consistant 12.5's), too bad both his turbo's were damaged and needed replacing.

you have a good point bru. . . . and lets also bear in mind here that the DSG was standard? im guessing ? VS a worked Runx RSI ? with cams

BBBUUUUUTTTT

Having said that i have raced a worked manual G5 gti, downpipe, software, induction,

i have branch exhaust and SRI. .  .and NO chip. . . .

we sit even all the way, i actually am faster in first gear but sometimes i cant hook second gear so he manages to just pass but after that im all up in his bumper like white on rice!

and those time that i do hook second perfectly i stay infront all the way or we even out and at thos times is driver skills that gives the advantage.

BUT you have a good point. . . .

Last edited by yogesh (2011-09-16 10:38:50)

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

Dre187 wrote:
Goose wrote:

Oh OK...  so if a G5 looses to an X - yeh, it must have had a broken turbo or something went wrong I guess....   ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/silly     ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/silly

Oh please, I ran alot of G5's on the road as well....   let's just say I still need to be impressed....    ../../extensions/custom_smilies_2/img1/neutral

Yes my car is worked a bit....   but keep in mind I have a 1800 NA running a 2.0L turbo at altitute....!!!!!!

And I can probably still spend 60K on my car to get to the price of what you pay for a G5.....

X-TRD

Goose, everybody entitled to their opinion I guess.
I'm yet to see a RunX that impresses me.

Btw, your Spec list looks great. Would really like to see your X go. . .

G5 is faster then a RunX

stock vs stock the G5 wins hands down

Last edited by yogesh (2011-09-16 11:05:44)

06 Golf 5 GTI...
FRC Downpipe...
FRC Software...stage2
FORGE TWIN INTAKE

X's arent slow. I've seen Shailen take out a BWA GTi, in midrand(Opening more on top),
with his Xrsi. I think he had: CAM's, TRD Intake, TRD Flywheel, 63mm Zorst, Chip
That being said, the GTI was stock.
Mod for mod, GTi should take the win every time